Broken Worry Stones

Labhraín

I am embarrassed to say that I broke two worry stones in as many weeks. I bought one, and about a week later, it fell out of my pocket in the bathroom and chipped. It was still useable, but then it fell out again and chipped to the point of where I can't use it as a worry stone, so I thought I'd keep it with my Tarot cards. So, I bought another one. I had THAT one a week...you guessed it - that one fell out in the bathroom and shattered completely. Right now, the only worry stone I have is a large palm sized stone (which I use at home and carry to work very carefully if I need it) which is why I wanted to get a small one, to use at work as a smaller stone is obviously easier to carry around.

I've heard of weird things happening to crystals like when they disappear as you no longer need them and show up when they do. What the heck does it mean when one or in this case two break? Both broken stones and the large palm sized stone are all clear quartz. I'm wondering if it means I should select a different stone or if it's just dumb clumsiness. I was trying to stick with clear quartz as I happen to like it and a vedic gemologist told me that clear colorless stones are best for me. Just wondering what comforting words any crystal aficionados out there have...:(

Astraea

What the heck does it mean when one or in this case two break? Both broken stones and the large palm sized stone are all clear quartz. I'm wondering if it means I should select a different stone or if it's just dumb clumsiness. I was trying to stick with clear quartz as I happen to like it and a vedic gemologist told me that clear colorless stones are best for me. Just wondering what comforting words any crystal aficionados out there have...:(
A similar scenario took place for me with a fluorite worry stone a few years ago. I divided up the pieces of my broken stone, dedicating each one to a specific being, cause or issue that meant a lot to me. I felt that this honored the stone and allowed it to "discharge" itself into worthwhile (to me, anyway) areas of life.

Laura Borealis

I'd call it chance and maybe try being more careful with your pocket contents in the bathroom. And you could carry your pocket stones in a small drawstring bag or something else to pad them.

Labhraín

I'd call it chance and maybe try being more careful with your pocket contents in the bathroom. And you could carry your pocket stones in a small drawstring bag or something else to pad them.

I would carry them in a drawstring bag but at work that's not really doable. I know some people wear stones in a small bag around their neck but it would strange if I did that at work. At home yes, a drawstring bag might be an idea. At work though, I usually just carry one discreetly in my hand or put one in my pocket and then remember to take them out when I visit the restroom. If I don't have any pockets, I have to keep putting the stone back in my purse every time I need to put it down which is a little annoying and which is why I'm looking at stones that are in the form of a pendant - for that reason and also because I seem to be a clumsy person. What I do at work is, I put them in my purse inside a fluffy sock so they are safe. It seems like the only solution at the moment. Right now, I'm checking into wearable stones.

Laura Borealis

Understandable. I wouldn't wear a stone in a bag around my neck either - it doesn't look professional in the workplace.

What I meant was in a small bag in your pocket. See attached photo - it's small and discreet, not much more bulky than a stone alone, and it protects the stone from getting banged up by coins and keys. As a bonus, the suede fabric would tend to cling in a pocket where a smooth stone would easily slip out.

Attachments

• pocket stone bag.jpg
    pocket stone bag.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,062

Padma

I usually tuck my extras into my bra :) as long as they are smooth and small, it's fine, and I never lose them that way!

But of course, I am really fond of my pendants - so if that is how you want to go, I'd say go for it!

celticnoodle

I also have small bags like Laura mentioned and showed in her link. I've also pinned them to the insides of my pants or shirt and its safe and not noticeable. Or, I guess you could pin it to the inside of your pocket too.

I have read that when a crystal breaks, you are suppose to share it with someone who you feel could use its energies. So, if you have a family member or friend whom you can share the broken piece(s) with, perhaps that is what you are meant to do. Sort of along the lines as Astraea mentioned.

Isobel Gaudie

Pouches, pockets, bras and pendants to keep them close and safe.

Broken and lost crystals mean to me that they were worn out or no longer needed.
Yours sound not like having been very mindful.

In case the third one brakes too. I'd go for something else. Even if it's just for the sake of trinity. :)

In mine crystals only break or get lost if I no longer need them. Crystals hardly ever break tough. At least unless I drop them.