Ancient weapons made of crystals discovered!

GotH

Cool article. I would love to have a crystal weapon although it sounds like an oxymoron.

MandMaud

it sounds like an oxymoron.

Maybe ceremonial only, something like an athame? As burial goods it's a strong possibility. :)

They are beautiful.

Barleywine

Interesting article . . . until I got to this sentence:

". . . a large number of crystal arrowheads were found together, which be suggestive of a ritual offering at an altar."

Is that how science writers and academics everywhere write and speak these days?

Starshower

That could easily be a typo. Somebody just missed out the 'can'. Proofreading isn't what it was, but that doesn't invalidate the article on its own.
(Now, if an apostrophe appeared in my 'its' above, I would be more cross! ;) )

What an interesting article! Thanks. :)

Padma

Cool knife! I have read that in early Roman times, they believed rock crystal to be ice that never melted. So this would be a real way to "strike ice in the heart of the enemy"!

Barleywine

That could easily be a typo. Somebody just missed out the 'can'. Proofreading isn't what it was, but that doesn't invalidate the article on its own.

What an interesting article! Thanks. :)

Probably. I figured "be" was the new "is." (Also "am" in common usage.")

MandMaud

:thumbsup:
Cool knife! I have read that in early Roman times, they believed rock crystal to be ice that never melted. So this would be a real way to "strike ice in the heart of the enemy"!
You've got the beginnings of a good story there. :)