Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
there are three or four steampunk decks, which are you enquiring about?
I think G6 is referring to the Steampunk Tarot illustrated by Aly Fell and with the companion book by Barbara Moore. Look at the title of the post.

It's a nice coincidence btw, since I just recently got the one by the Matthewses.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #631
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
there are three or four steampunk decks, which are you enquiring about?
Barbara Moore
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #632
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Barbara Moore/Llewellyn - Steampunk Tarot

Barbara Moore/Llewellyn - Steampunk Tarot

Some reviews on Amazon complain about the super copy paper thin/cheap Llewellyn stock. Such a bummer that this one is published by Llewellyn. I really like the imagery, but I'll likely feel the same that the cardstock sucks.

Anybody talk me in or out of this from experience with the deck?

🙏🏻

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #633
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

yes it's flimsy - but if you really like a deck, I guess you can overlook that. I do this with the Modern Spellcaster's - it's flimsy but I just use it delicately once every couple of months...

Cons for me are the pages - nope - they don't work for me. Boyish girls. I'd rather it be one or the other. Plus the theme is a bit dated now, isn't it?

And it isn't really as opulently mechanical as one would expect. If you like Steampunk, you need lots of brass and cogs and mahogany. This is a sort of cut price Steampunk. Sort of Steampunk on a budget.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #634
Resident

sibbysgirl 
Resident
Steampunk

I was recommended this deck by many here, just got it, and everyone was right. It's a great deck! It reads like a dream. I happen to like the bulk of the images very much. The card stock is really meh, but the book is great, and Amazon has it at around $16 right now, so I think it's worth it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #635
Citizen

Citrin 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
Thoughts on the Steampunk Tarot? I'm hesitant because it is a Llewellyn deck. Is the cardstock total thin/cheap crap?
If you really hate Llewellyn card stock and it's a dealbreaker for you, then well, no this one is not "better". I personally really LIKE their thin card stock. The thing with this deck is that the borders are black, so when the edges get a bit worn out it's more visible. I have edged mine black, easy way to make it look better and the wear is not as visible.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #636
Resident

Sophia77 
Resident
Epic Tarot

Any thoughts on the Epic Tarot? On the fence and wondering if anyone reads with it or has it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #637
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Steampunk Tarot - Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
yes it's flimsy - but if you really like a deck, I guess you can overlook that. I do this with the Modern Spellcaster's - it's flimsy but I just use it delicately once every couple of months...

Cons for me are the pages - nope - they don't work for me. Boyish girls. I'd rather it be one or the other. Plus the theme is a bit dated now, isn't it?

And it isn't really as opulently mechanical as one would expect. If you like Steampunk, you need lots of brass and cogs and mahogany. This is a sort of cut price Steampunk. Sort of Steampunk on a budget.
I do like the imagery, so I'm debating if I like the imagery enough to deal with crap cardstock.

The pages don't bother me, but if they wanted to mix it up I'd rather the pages are guys and the knights are girls.

I don't like the imagery in the other steampunk decks.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #638
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Steampunk Tarot - Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrin View Post
If you really hate Llewellyn card stock and it's a dealbreaker for you, then well, no this one is not "better". I personally really LIKE their thin card stock. The thing with this deck is that the borders are black, so when the edges get a bit worn out it's more visible. I have edged mine black, easy way to make it look better and the wear is not as visible.
Llewellyn cardstock has been a total disappointment for their more recent decks. Just too thin/cheap. Poor quality. Zero durability. This seems like a great deck on imagery alone.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #639
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Steampunk Tarot - Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibbysgirl View Post
I was recommended this deck by many here, just got it, and everyone was right. It's a great deck! It reads like a dream. I happen to like the bulk of the images very much. The card stock is really meh, but the book is great, and Amazon has it at around $16 right now, so I think it's worth it.
Yep, I like the imagery. Does it read like an RWS clone or is there more story in the images?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #640

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.