The Tower CArd

phetish

i will say this:

the tower has been coming up in the final outcome or future positions a lot lately in the readings i have done for myself. I'm hoping that it is signifying the culmination of all the changes that have been happening in my life. the last year has held deaths, a failed business, a cross country move and a new job.

so, if i could say anything to the tower in my deck... it would be:
just hurry up and fall, why don't you! :)

derek

manda78

Tower

About 2 months ago i pulled the Tower card for the significator in for my relationship- I thought horrible things- untill I realized he pulled me out of my comfort zone and make me more aware of "other things"....like going out sometimes lol....
Manda

The_Star

The Tower

Antenna said:
i was flipping through my cards and writing down what image comes to mind when i look at the pic. When i pick up the Tower card the first thing that came to mind was the 911 disaster. just wondering if anyone has the same thoughts when they saw this card.

is there anyone who has gone through this card? i would like to ask about the pic meaning.
first the building showed that it is on fire. is the fire caused by the lightning or lightning came after the fire. at this point i would take it that even Mother Nature has taken a part in destroying the building because lightning has been sent instead of rain to put out the fire.

i am unable to see what the royal couple's role is in this pic. could i say that it is the end of an empire or the fall and destruction of the king at that time?

Another thing what do those yellow stuff that look like leaves represent?

The Tower represents the human ego divorced from any divine connection.

Fulgour

The_Star said:
The Tower represents the human ego divorced from any divine connection.
I think it means: what goes up, must come down.

:) remember... Fudd's Law:

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over!

Teheuti

A couple of years ago I slipped on ice and broke my ankle - requiring 11 screws and a plate. That evening - just before going into surgery - my ex brought me some things from home, including my tarot deck. I drew one card as "the lesson to be learned" and got the Tower. Boy, did I laugh!

Generally, I like to think of the lightning as a bolt of insight from the divine that breaks open whatever has become too rigid and unyielding, but I think it depends on the person and the circumstances as to whether a Tower situation is ever perceived as a 'blessing in disguise.'

It can also be a burst of anger directed outward.

I find that I can use the Tower to motivate me to get certain things done. It provides great energy for cleaning out clothes closets or for confronting a store that refuses to take back faulty goods. It also represents certain forms of surgery - especially laser or radiation treatments.

Mary

Umbrae

ros said:
… I try to remember The Star is following…

But you cannot see the stars…unless it's dark.

I think the big issue with the Tower, is whether the 'explosion' comes from without or within. PCS drew it being struck from outside. Some decks show the explosion occurring from the inside.

Although it can be a 'blessing in disguise'…which is a lovely phrase that minimizes the 'pain'…it can also be 'the bad thing'.

Or the really good thing.

:smoker:

Fulgour said:
remember... Fudd's Law:

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over!

Yeah but why don't they deliver to sectors R and N? Huh? And who was that who answered the phone? How'd he spell his name?

Fulgour

Regnad Kcin

Umbrae said:
Yeah but why don't they deliver to sectors R and N? Huh? And who was that who answered the phone? How'd he spell his name?
Fudd's First Law of Opposition
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over.

Teslacle's Deviant To Fudd's Law
It goes in ~ it must come out.

Fishbein's Conclusion
The tire is only flat on the bottom.

Towering ;) Thoughts!

The_Star

Scorpio....

Umbrae said:
But you cannot see the stars?unless it's dark.

I think the big issue with the Tower, is whether the 'explosion' comes from without or within. PCS drew it being struck from outside. Some decks show the explosion occurring from the inside.

Although it can be a 'blessing in disguise'?which is a lovely phrase that minimizes the 'pain'?it can also be 'the bad thing'.

Or the really good thing.

The lightning bolt (RWS) is in the shape of the astrological sign of Scorpio.
This suggests an 'external' event. The biblical tale of The Tower of Babel is related to this card.