Crystals for children?

greenandroses

Hello everyone, what are good crystals for children? My son is 7 and interested in them. But i have no idea what to get him.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Onion Budgie

Are there any particular issues that your son might need help with. i.e. sleep, mood, self-esteem, etc.? If so, we can be a little more specific with suggestions. :)

If there are no such issues, it's easier. What's his favourite colour? That's a good starting point. Is he attracted to patterns, or plain shades?

A surefire winner would be a crystal that's in his favourite colour, and carved in the shape of his favourite animal. Or if he's not into animals, a round sphere, or an egg shape. (More interesting to look at than a tumblestone, I feel.) None of these have to be expensive; they are often very reasonably priced, depending on size.

If he has no colour preference, go for Clear Quartz. It's the perfect crystal to begin any collection.

Even better yet, take him to a crystal shop, and let him choose his own favourite, within a price range! (Imagine him pointing to a £500 amethyst geode -- "But I want THAT one!") :D

greenandroses

Are there any particular issues that your son might need help with. i.e. sleep, mood, self-esteem, etc.? If so, we can be a little more specific with suggestions. :)

If there are no such issues, it's easier. What's his favourite colour? That's a good starting point. Is he attracted to patterns, or plain shades?

A surefire winner would be a crystal that's in his favourite colour, and carved in the shape of his favourite animal. Or if he's not into animals, a round sphere, or an egg shape. (More interesting to look at than a tumblestone, I feel.) None of these have to be expensive; they are often very reasonably priced, depending on size.

If he has no colour preference, go for Clear Quartz. It's the perfect crystal to begin any collection.

Even better yet, take him to a crystal shop, and let him choose his own favourite, within a price range! (Imagine him pointing to a £500 amethyst geode -- "But I want THAT one!") :D
He has nightmares. He had one very recently (2 days ago )and he doesn't have the best confidence in his self (this is more so when it comes to being in school). Thank you so much for replying by the way!

Padma

Then I would suggest soothing paler blue stones, like blue calcite, or blue chalcedony. Also lace blue agate. Pale green calcite is also soothing to touch and hold. Calcite has a glassy, soap-like finish that is cooling and pleasing to the touch. Labradorite is really beautiful, is both soothing and protective, and looks like it has Northern Lights trapped inside it, making it a fascinating stone for a child. It looks as though it is lit from within.

A black stone, such as black tourmaline, is also soothing and grounding, and black tourmaline (also known as schorl) is known as an emotional soother. Its nick-name is the "stone of joy" as it can dissipate negativity and feelings of anxiety. It's kind of cool looking too, looks like a chunk of glassy, sparkly black charcoal.

Ruby is not expensive in its opaque state, and is great for protection and self confidence. Garnet is also very good for that.

An amethyst, the paler purple version, would be nice as well, and helps prevent nightmares. You can hang it on the wall over he bed head. Rose quartz would be very soothing as well, and is said to help prevent bullying or panic at school, so a piece of it tucked into his backpack might help.

There are often small bags of soothing stones you can buy, for helping children adjust at school.

Lastly I would also suggest natural lavender soothing room sprays before bed time, and a small Himalayan rock salt night light for his room. :)

PS I second letting him wander around in a stone store, since the stones we need will jump to our eyes, and be very attractive to us.

Onion Budgie

I keep a piece of Mangano Calcite (a pale pinkish stone) by my bedside for just this problem (nightmares), as well as a small sphere of Angelite (blue). :)

Padma's rec of Labradorite is a good one. It's a stone that shimmers beautifully, and its energies are protective.

greenandroses

Then I would suggest soothing paler blue stones, like blue calcite, or blue chalcedony. Also lace blue agate. Pale green calcite is also soothing to touch and hold. Calcite has a glassy, soap-like finish that is cooling and pleasing to the touch. Labradorite is really beautiful, is both soothing and protective, and looks like it has Northern Lights trapped inside it, making it a fascinating stone for a child. It looks as though it is lit from within.

A black stone, such as black tourmaline, is also soothing and grounding, and black tourmaline (also known as schorl) is known as an emotional soother. Its nick-name is the "stone of joy" as it can dissipate negativity and feelings of anxiety. It's kind of cool looking too, looks like a chunk of glassy, sparkly black charcoal.

Ruby is not expensive in its opaque state, and is great for protection and self confidence. Garnet is also very good for that.

An amethyst, the paler purple version, would be nice as well, and helps prevent nightmares. You can hang it on the wall over he bed head. Rose quartz would be very soothing as well, and is said to help prevent bullying or panic at school, so a piece of it tucked into his backpack might help.

There are often small bags of soothing stones you can buy, for helping children adjust at school.

Lastly I would also suggest natural lavender soothing room sprays before bed time, and a small Himalayan rock salt night light for his room. :)

PS I second letting him wander around in a stone store, since the stones we need will jump to our eyes, and be very attractive to us.
Geesh you have so much info om crystals. Thank you very much. Im going to look into all of these crystals. Maybe i will get two. One from this list and the other one he can pick at store on his own! Thank you for replying! So much info to soak in!!

greenandroses

I keep a piece of Mangano Calcite (a pale pinkish stone) by my bedside for just this problem (nightmares), as well as a small sphere of Angelite (blue). :)

Padma's rec of Labradorite is a good one. It's a stone that shimmers beautifully, and its energies are protective.
Mangano calcite. I have never heard of it!gonna go google it now. My son has nightmares more often than he should (my opinion). Do you have nightmares still but not as much? Or not at all?

Padma

Oh, I forgot to mention a super sleep soother! Celestite is gorgeous, is a very pale blue, very crystally, but also fragile - as long as it isn't handled roughly, it will survive a child ;)

Also, here is a useful link for looking up crystals for healing :heart: just hit the close x on the pop up when you first visit the site. The guide site is free and available to all.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals

greenandroses

Oh, I forgot to mention a super sleep soother! Celestite is gorgeous, is a very pale blue, very crystally, but also fragile - as long as it isn't handled roughly, it will survive a child ;)

Also, here is a useful link for looking up crystals for healing [emoji813] just hit the close x on the pop up when you first visit the site. The guide site is free and available to all.

https://www.crystalvaults.com/guides-crystals
Thank you very much!

Onion Budgie

Mangano calcite. I have never heard of it!gonna go google it now. My son has nightmares more often than he should (my opinion). Do you have nightmares still but not as much? Or not at all?

The nightmares stopped almost immediately after I placed the stone on my bedside table. I do still get the occasional bad dream, but nowhere near as frequently.

Good luck! I hope your son finds a crystal that he loves, and which works for him!