Gilded Tarot

BobTheViking

I have to say that I would love to get a copy of the Tarot of Dreams. Unfortunately, I was barely able to afford the standard version of the Gilded Tarot. Poor college student, ya see.

I'm going to try to get a small part-time job over the school year, which very well may make acquiring the deck possible. If not... well, I'll just hope there's a copy waiting for me when I get a decent job.

.::Cerridwen::.

BobTheViking said:
I have to say that I would love to get a copy of the Tarot of Dreams. Unfortunately, I was barely able to afford the standard version of the Gilded Tarot. Poor college student, ya see.

I'm going to try to get a small part-time job over the school year, which very well may make acquiring the deck possible. If not... well, I'll just hope there's a copy waiting for me when I get a decent job.

I know how you feel! My husband I are both poor college students living on campus! We both have jobs though, so it makes a little money available for my "tarot habit" :)

Emeraldgirl

I have the standard Gilded and it is one of my favourite decks, I also have the Tarot of Dreams and I must say it was expensive for me but it was well worth every cent. Both decks are truely stunning and are at the top of my favourite reading decks. The Gilded goes everywhere with me in my handbag (I may need another copy cause of the wear on my first one) And the Tarot of Dreams has a permanant spot in my reading bag. i think the Gilded would make a great beginners deck as the book is very clear and has some great exercises to do. Also cause the art is so beautiful it helps hold people's attention.

Emily

I like the Gilded too and think its a deck that a complete beginner could learn on, its very easy to read. I like RWS decks and clones but I also like the way that some decks like the Gilded bring their own meanings into play.

It is also a nice size to carry round and I like the black organza bag included in the set, its just the right size to hold the deck together and then I just wrap the whole lot in a reading cloth and it still doesn't take up much room in my bag.

I don't have the Tarot of Dreams yet but its on my wishlist. :)

I was thinking that it would be a little harder for a beginner because it doesn't go into as much depth as some other decks do about the meanings of the cards. But that's just my opinon :)

It truly is a beautiful deck.

Emeraldgirl

I think that the fact that the book isn't as detailed is actually quite good as the most of the exercises tell you to look at the cards and record your observations as opposed to memorising a list of key words it can help develop intuition and see what the cards mean to you and how you relate to them.

Whitestar

Can't wait!

This thread is making me impatient! :).

I ordered Gilded yesterday and am eagerly awaiting the UPS truck!!!

I'm doubly excited because I only own 2 decks, and really have only read with one for years and years and years....hope it won't be jealous of the new puppy...

Emeraldgirl said:
I think that the fact that the book isn't as detailed is actually quite good as the most of the exercises tell you to look at the cards and record your observations as opposed to memorising a list of key words it can help develop intuition and see what the cards mean to you and how you relate to them.

Aah, well my error for not really paying much attention to the book! I'm trying to shy away from book usage now that I have learned the basics of the cards :)

And Whitestar,

It will definately be well worth the anticipation! It's so great!

la-luna

my gilded arrived last week and it is already one of my favorite deck's
the cards are beatifull and although computer generated it never feels artificial only dreamlike

la-luna said:
my gilded arrived last week and it is already one of my favorite deck's
the cards are beatifull and although computer generated it never feels artificial only dreamlike

I think the fact that they are computer generated is why the colors are so vivid and the images so clear and gorgeous!