What are the odds?.....

Jokell

I wasn't sure where to post this. There needs to be a general psychic thread where we can all share-ya know?

Anyway I wanted to know what the odds are? Last night I had my husband sit on one end of the couch a pick a card out of a regular deck and try to telepathically send it to me while I sat on the other end with my head under a pillow. I told him it was either a Queen of Diamonds or a 10 of Clubs. He showed me the card and it was a Queen of Clubs.

Then this morning I was blindly shuffling my cards and focusing on one card that I wanted to find in the deck. The first one I focused on was the 5 of hearts. I had the deck face down and slowly moved through them until I felt like I was touching the right card. The card I pulled out was a 5 of Spades. So I got the number right just not the suit.
The next card I focused on was the Queen of hearts. I went through the cards again after blindly shuffling them and pulled out the Queen of Clubs! Same thing right card wrong suit.
Third time is a charm I suppose. This time I was focusing on the King of Spades. I immediately felt it was towards the middle of the deck. I went through the cards like before and right before I got to the middle area of the deck I stopped and pulled out the King of Spades!!
I guess really I had 4 for 4 if you count last night!
I just wanted to know "What are the odds??" Know one can point that out as probable! 4 for 4!! There were NO misses in between these!!!!

Thanks!

thinbuddha

Impressive, though I do have to point out that you are really 1 for 4 (with 3 near misses)

Milfoil

Similarly, I have more often known which card is coming up when laying out a spread. I put this down to reading the spread as I go along and sort of anticipating what 'should' come next (preconceived notions again) and often it does!

Funny - it doesn't work when I play blackjack!!! LOL

lad

actually...

I did the math and the odds were one in 57122, considering you didn't get the most of the suits right and guessed on two cards the first time, which is still amazing! Yeah I just felt curious as to the odds lol

lad

Jokell

lad said:
I did the math and the odds were one in 57122, considering you didn't get the most of the suits right and guessed on two cards the first time, which is still amazing! Yeah I just felt curious as to the odds lol

lad

Thanks for figuring that b/c I'm not that into math. That's pretty big odds! I knew it had to be high but my head hurt even thinking about figuring it out myself!LOL

Lillie

lad said:

lad

You worked that out?!
God, you're clever!

lad

I guess I just like math lol... It's actually pretty simple, I just multiplied the chances of getting every card together and voila! So it was 2/13 because for the first card because there were two guesses and the suit wasn't right, (2 guesses w/ right suit would've been 2/52) until the last card which you got right on, so that makes one chance out of 52. So in sum, (2/13)X(1/13)X(1/13)X(1/52) = 2/114 244 which simplifies down to one out of 57 122.
Get it? Yeah so now you know the magic behind calculating odds lol

lad

Jokell

Yeah I don't think I would have figured that out by myself! After all that is why I asked.

ElizabethAna

Sounds like you're very in tune with the vibrations of your playing cards!