Death reversed

a_shikhs

Could someone plz tell me what would the Death reversed mean?? I get very confused when this card opens up in the reversed postion..

thanks for the help..

Shikhs...

Little Baron

- resisting change

- past trends and habbits that possibly no longer suit, but are still adopted

- a blockage in movement

- holding on to the past

- being held back

- not allowing yourself to grow

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

LB

Free Flight

definitely as Little Buddha say

death upright is about accepting the cycles of life of letting go of old to make way for the new.

Death reversed is more about clinging to old patterns, partners, lifestyles which are outdated and not promoting growth but which we are scared of letting go of.

tmgrl2

Thought I'd throw in some Mary Greer here...lovely book on reversals....although, I read the "reversed" meaning when that is what comes to me, even though I set the cards upright.

.....if you are trying to resist an inevitable change. You may be delaying or avoiding the ending of something, and thereby deluding yourself, prolonging the pain and distress, and preventing new growth. It can indicate worry and distress about something you anticipate---especially if you think it bad or harmful---whether or not your fears ever materialize. You could feel that something or someone is "plaguing" you, following you around or pestering and annoying you. This can also indicate death-in-life situations characterized by inertia, excess sleep, lethargy or weariness, stagnation, petrification, and constipation---activated by a variety of fears and insecurities. Note that this reversal is more likely to suggest a pessimistic attitude or state of mind rather than an actual calamity. ...However, such pessimism can make even the brightest day seem dull and lifeless......

......"emerging from the dead," coming out of a period of depression or stagnation, awakening again to enjoyment of life and sensual pleasure.

...recovering from grief or sadness.

...."near-death experience."

...fascinated with death, morbidity, or the gothic scene...

....involved in Spiritualist activities...or may reject and disbelieve such experiences....

......project onto others, ...you might find them ominous and threatening...

....see them as psychological vampires--people who emotionally drain you and yet may exert a strange fascination or sense of the erotic...

There is more....just wanted to share the fullness of what Mary suggests.

She cautions against a literal interpretation of prediction of death.

I'm not sure that this always applies, although I haven't had it appear in that sense in my readings to date.

terri

opalle

I haven't been doing this for that long, but my Relevaltions Tarot has a image of a baby on the reverse of death. Instead of resistance to change Death signifies the rebirth of something new from the ashes of the old. I think it depends on what you where inquiring about.

a_shikhs

Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies.. Now the death reversed makes a lot of sense to me.. :)

Ladybro

LittleBuddha said:
- resisting change

- past trends and habbits that possibly no longer suit, but are still adopted

- a blockage in movement

- holding on to the past

- being held back

- not allowing yourself to grow

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

LB

I’ll add. a decision taken about changes or movement is delayed