The Temperlyne Tarot online

mythos

I am speechless. Your work is not only beautiful but filled with a deeply creative understanding of the tarot that reflects you, and you are a High Priestess indeed. I love it that you are not fearful of moving outside of traditional imagery, and your work proves to me that one can explore and express the archetypes without staying within the bounds of what has gone before. While I 'know' that in my heart, my own head gets in the way of exploring imagery, creative ideas, and symbolism with your openness and freedom to create new faces to ancient archetypes. Be proud.

mythos:)

PS: Forgot to add that I added your site link to my blog. I wouldn't get too excited though ... no-one actually visits my blog except me because I don't advertise it, but you never know when some blogging tarotist may wander in and click on the link.

temperlyne

Thnx everyone for the kind comments!

I feel honoured silverside that you devoted your first post here to my deck! Welcom to Aeclectic, I hope you like it here. As for the images, I think I should indeed make it possible to show larger images. Great idea!

And Mythos....
mythos said:
I am speechless. Your work is not only beautiful but filled with a deeply creative understanding of the tarot that reflects you, and you are a High Priestess indeed. I love it that you are not fearful of moving outside of traditional imagery, and your work proves to me that one can explore and express the archetypes without staying within the bounds of what has gone before. While I 'know' that in my heart, my own head gets in the way of exploring imagery, creative ideas, and symbolism with your openness and freedom to create new faces to ancient archetypes. Be proud.

your post just left me speechless.. What a great, great compliment, specially comming from a wonderfull artist like yourself. I honestly don't know what to say. I am very insecure about my artwork and your post gave me a boost that left me almost high.
My cards seem to paint themselves and I don't feel like it is really my doing at all. Maybe thats what you mean with being a High Priestess? I really feel I am the passive force in this creational journey. I wish more people tried their hands at creating something, It is very humbling experience.

DraagonStorm

Very Interesting Imagery. Very haunting. Is that what you are going for?

By the way.... I love the snake for STRENGTH, I happen to be a snake/reptile person....

DraagonStorm

FearfulSymmetry

Hi Temperlyne,
Beautiful work!! I have seen your lovers before and I am glad to see you are still working on it and it is coming along so well, it is developing a great personality! I really like Strength and the Emperor!
Well, best of luck to you:)

memries

I am speechless...which is unusual. All I can say is I am going to do what you suggested and try to create something original.

Your paintings are wonderful. What appeals to me is the grace they show...memries

mythos

temperlyne said:
My cards seem to paint themselves and I don't feel like it is really my doing at all. Maybe thats what you mean with being a High Priestess? I really feel I am the passive force in this creational journey. I wish more people tried their hands at creating something, It is very humbling experience.

I know that when I am 'fighting' with my paintings it is because I have forgotten how to let that force flow through me. When I stop fighting, I too, do not feel as though I am doing anything at all. Yes, we wield the brush and the paint, but that unnameable something else happens ... and it is a wonder. I guess that what we do is allow ourselves to be taken where our inner creativity takes us ... let go of the need to control the process. It is, indeed, a humbling experience. Your work is brilliant and alive and divine.

mythos:)

temperlyne

the hermit

DraagonStorm, glad you liked my images. I'm not sure what you mean by Haunting though... It is certainly not my goal to create a fixed theme or atmosphere throughout my deck....

memries, you go! Creating is a blessing and I hope you love it as much as I do.

I followed the creational road a bit further today and "finished" the hermit. He has to dry up to see if he is truely finished and if he needs some retouching here and there though.
for a sneak preview:
http://www.deviantart.com/view/30023970/

or here: http://www.tarotjournal.com/news.html

pomemma

Your cards are beautiful!!

Sidhe-Ra

It's great to see your finished Hermit. The image is beautiful, the energy within and the expression really come through in this one. The colours and brushstrokes contain within them a true feeling of meditative peace and one-ness. I definitely think you've acheived what you set out to acheive here. VERY nice! :)

temperlyne

Thank you very much Sidhe-Ra and Pomemma!

It usually takes me some time to get used to my own paintings, stupid as that may sound. The endresult always is completely different from what I had in mind and I sort of have to recover from the shock of seeing what my hands produced this time. I need to recognise the cards as being part of me and that will take days to weeks of staring at the card.
It's almost funny that a scientific and non-religious person like myself paints in this meditative way.