Your Favorite Lenormand?

Altena

Looking at the pictures just made me want this deck even more. I was sold at the Osiris and Isis cards, but the Stars and the rest of them! Wow, just plain wow. When is this going to be released again? :D

greatdane

Question re Place Oracle

Great pix, he always does wonderful artwork. But is this is a true Lenormand or is it an oracle kind of based on a Lenormand? The owl and the mouse? Osiris? Again, I think it's fabulous, but I see it as oracle not lenormand, or a hybrid lenoracle.

rachelcat

Wow! Yes, his art style is perfect for a Lenormand (or quasi-Len)! Love the book, with the Lady of the beasts! And all of them . . .

greatdane

love the term quasi-len!

I agree his art is fantastic, the images are grand, RachelCat. I just do see it as a kind of, as you put it, quasi-len! One could say it is lenormand...plus. I don't see it as a straight lenormand, which I am NOT suggesting there is anything wrong with! Just is an interesting oracle or lenoracle or quasi-len to me.

BodhiSeed

I agree his art is fantastic, the images are grand, RachelCat. I just do see it as a kind of, as you put it, quasi-len! One could say it is lenormand...plus. I don't see it as a straight lenormand, which I am NOT suggesting there is anything wrong with! Just is an interesting oracle or lenoracle or quasi-len to me.
In his letter he said it was a "spiritual interpretation" of Lenormand with two extra cards. From what I've seen, I think those who wanted just a Lenormand could take out the extras maybe. I'm wondering if they're (Pollack and Place) are trying to do a little something different since it seems the market is flooded with Lenormand decks these days.

greatdane

Good point, BodhiSeed

I think there is room for all kinds of decks. We read them, so it's what works or resonates with us. I have no problem with people kind of rewriting or reworking decks, I think it's inventive and creative. I just tend to see lenormands in a certain way and tarot in a certain way, and when a deck deviates, my mind kind of automatically goes...ORACLE! Or tarocle or lenoracle :). It is interesting to see where people bounce to when they bounce off traditional lenormand or tarot structure. I do admit the Owl and the Mouse is still a bit of a traditional conundrum for me. I get owl, I get the mouse, the two together I find interesting.

BodhiSeed

I think there is room for all kinds of decks. We read them, so it's what works or resonates with us. I have no problem with people kind of rewriting or reworking decks, I think it's inventive and creative. I just tend to see lenormands in a certain way and tarot in a certain way, and when a deck deviates, my mind kind of automatically goes...ORACLE! Or tarocle or lenoracle :). It is interesting to see where people bounce to when they bounce off traditional lenormand or tarot structure. I do admit the Owl and the Mouse is still a bit of a traditional conundrum for me. I get owl, I get the mouse, the two together I find interesting.
I'll be curious about the book Pollack is writing about this deck to see just how those conundrums are explained!:D

greatdane

Vintage German Lenormand

Well, you know how you come across a deck and it just clicks for you? The Vintage German Lenormand by Seven Stars is certainly that deck for me. I got the poker size, borderless, INSERTLESS (yay), no verses and it's kind of monochromatic coloring just so works for me. It has this wondrous old vibe, the cardstock is sublime, and I love to shuffle and read with it. It is my favorite of the old classic looking decks. And it's not expensive which is a plus.
This has become my first go to for Lenormand readings. My next favorite is the Lilac Twilight in the Lilac and Cherry Twilight combo. These two are almost always the decks I use for reading Lenormand. The Mysteries of the Old Castle is great for a change, as is the Cherry Twilight, but the Vintage German Lenormand and the Lilac Twilight are definitely my favs.

frelkins

My faves: still Dust Bunny & Art Nouveau.

peacewing

This is going to sound super weird, but after using some other Lenormand decks for a while, I wasn't quite sure about how I felt about the pictures on them.

I ended up taking a deck of playing cards, using a permanent marker to write the number and name of the Lenormand card on it's corresponding playing card companion, and it's become my favorite deck.