Your Favorite Lenormand?

Penthasilia

Hopefully someone can pipe in on this-

If you were to compare the Mertz, Gluck and Game of Hope lenormands- which do you prefer and why?

All 3 have a very "old" appeal to me. I really like the game of hope- but the double card inserts, not sure if that would get on my nerves...

I agree with the clean feel to the Mertz and Gluck. I feel that too with the Game of Hope.

Comments???

MoonGypsy

Hopefully someone can pipe in on this-

If you were to compare the Mertz, Gluck and Game of Hope lenormands- which do you prefer and why?

All 3 have a very "old" appeal to me. I really like the game of hope- but the double card inserts, not sure if that would get on my nerves...

I agree with the clean feel to the Mertz and Gluck. I feel that too with the Game of Hope.

Comments???

i have 2 of the 3 you have mentioned, Pen. :) My favorite is the Game of Hope Lenormand--the repro done by our own tag_Jorrit. i like it best because it has the richest history, and i like it visually the best. The backs of the Mertz are completely plain; the Game of Hope by tag has beautiful backs--2 different ones. The limited edition in the tin [which is the one i have] and the regular. Both style backs are lovely.
Regarding the Gluck [which i don't have, but have seen many scans] i could never live with 2 of the cards--the whip and the Mouse. They are very non distinct and kind of meh. i might still get a Gluck [eventually] as a collector, but i wouldn't use it, most likely.

i have to mention also--my very favorite Lenormand repro-- the Dutch Lenormand [circa 1868]that tag_Jorrit did. Gorgeous!

This one:

http://gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com/product/dutch-lenormand-deck

Penthasilia

Thanks sis- I just found that REALLY dangerous site! For my wallet dangerous! :p

Oh my is all I can say- the GoH lenormand and that purple dondorf make me swoon. Don't get me going on another-geez!

:p

Good thing my VA reimbursement is coming soon- that's all I have to say!

Thanks on the backs of the Mertz- I really don't like blank backs... Do they feel empty? Or just well aged?

MoonGypsy

Thanks on the backs of the Mertz- I really don't like blank backs... Do they feel empty? Or just well aged?

RE: Backs of the Mertz--they feel empty to me. i may try to make them look more aged.

BTW, i do also have Tag's Purple Dragon Dondorf, and it is gorgeous! i am salivating for the Stalsunder, and love the backs.. :D But my purse strings are tied right now.

Nina*

The Glück is one of my top favorites. Although the Mice and Whip are not perfect they don't really bother me either and generally the images are just wonderful and the cardstock is to die for.

I also have both the Game of Hope and Mertz but never use any of them.

Lee

I like the Gluck but could never use it because the Mice and Whip are so indistinct. The other cards are really nice though.

The Mertz is one of my most-used decks. The backs don't bother me 'cause it's the fronts I'm looking at. :p

Tag_jorrit's Dutch is also among my most favored.

MoonGypsy

I don't have her Dutch, but her Purple Dragon is just lovely.

The are both 2 of my absolute favorite Lenormand Repros. [and as i already mentioned, the Dutch one is my very favorite. :)]

Nina*

The are both 2 of my absolute favorite Lenormand Repros. [and as i already mentioned, the Dutch one is my very favorite. :)]

It's the one with (very) red backs?