$5 deck sale at Llewellyn

petegrey

Just talked to them. Sent all but Renassaince deck. No back orders either-they claim these are discontinues decks.

RubyV

Angry with Llewellyn

I got the following email:

Thank you for ordering Llewellyn products!

You ordered the following items:
Liber T: Tarot of Stars Eternal
Quantity: 1 Price: 5.00

Tarot of the Hidden Folk
Quantity: 2 Price: 5.00

They will be sent to the following address via Standard (US, Mexico & Canada):

Total number of items: 3
Subtotal: $15.00
Shipping: $3.00
Taxes: $0.00
------------
Shipment Total: $18.00
The order will be billed to

I called today to find out about this order, and the one placed last week. I was just informed that they are sold out.

I am incredibly angry. I was charged for these 3 decks.

I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

whipsilk

I ordered four, got four confirmed a week ago. Based on RubyV's email, I called Llewellyn who said that three of the four I ordered were sold out before my order was processed (Durer, Journey to the Orient, Tarots de Marseille). They shipped me only the Bruegel, charged me for the one deck, and didn't add shipping "as a courtesy". I've confirmed that $5, and only $5, was charged to my credit card. Very disappointing, since I probably wouldn't have ordered the Bruegel by itself -- it was a "just get one more deck at these prices", knowing the fourth was a deck I'd probably never buy on my own. They also told me ALL these decks were going oop -- they were selling off their last remaining stock, and had no plans to reprint at this time.

Sigh. If they do this again, I will definitely order only on the first day or two (I waited about five days).

Knight of Wands

I hope all my decks arrive ok... *fingers crossed*

Ilithiya

GAAAAAAH. *insert stream of ear-blistering expletives here*

Just got off the phone with Llewellyn. I'm not going to be recieving Journey to the Orient - which is the whole bleedin' reason I placed an order to begin with - but I am getting Liber T and Hidden Folk. (Shipped yesterday).

The deal is this: If you *don't* get your decks because they've sold out, they will not be backordered. Llewellyn is discontinuing their stock of these decks, hence the sale, but Lo Scarabeo is still producing them. Llewellyn simply doesn't want to carry them anymore.

Frackin frackin frackety frack! Grr.

Knight of Wands

If I don't get what I ordered, I'll be pissed off, cause the shipping costs more than the actual decks!!!

Don't want to pay a lot of shipping for one deck!!

Nydia

I just called Llewellyn. They shipped the Liber T yesterday. They said the 3rd Millenium will be sent tomorrow. I had to tell them if I still wanted that one. They are waiving the second shipping fee.

I had ordered 4 others, but they are gone now:

Durer
Atlantis
Classic
Renaissance

RubyV

Arrrrgh.

No hidden folk, just the liber t. And, no offer to wave the shipping.

Call me pissed.

Sunburst

I ordered the Bruegel and Hidden Folk last Friday (the 4th)... think there's any chance I'll still get them? I just called the 1-800 number, but the switchboard is closed. :neutral:

Sunburst

karen0205

I just got my order from Llewellyn and only one of the 2 decks I ordered was in stock. I hope they send me the second one when it comes in for the sale price. My order doesn't give any info about backorders so I'll have to call them tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with backorders from them?