Froud Faeries Oracle..any views on this deck?

Disa

Well, I also have this deck and am not necessarily a "faery type person"- meaning- I've not been drawn to faeries before and I've not studied them on any level. I ran across this deck at a time I was really struggling with learning the tarot and the Faeries just started "speaking" when I looked at the cards online in a reading circle for the first time. I bought them up and immediately decided at that point I would only read them intuitively.

I did do the exercises in the front of the book- I think choosing the favorite/least favorite card is a great exercise than can really be used for any new deck or a person who is new to reading cards. I have had these cards a couple of years now and still I haven't read the meanings in the book. The info they are giving me seems to be working on it's own. I do still wonder, if looking at the meanings would expand my view of the cards, but I'm afraid it would cause me to lose the intuitive vibes I get from it already.

The main thing is just to have fun with them, I think. If they ever stop "speaking" I may read the book to see what I'm missing- it is a lovely book.

TC,

Disa

Jewel

pickled pixie said:
I haven't tried reading with them yet but I've started reading the book and don't know whether to do the excersises in it or not? do you need to do those excercises to be able to read the cards without the book (this I kinda understand as the pictures don't give you any clues really as to what the hell they are about!)
I highly recommend doing the exercises WITHOUT LOOKING UP MEANINGS WHILE DOING THEM. What this does is help establish a connection between you and the faeries. You get to know them in their own right. What becomes amazing is that when you then read the sections on the cards you will realize how much you actually picked up intuitively. It adds great confidence to reading and working with the Faeries. The exercises really helped many of us connect with them.

Like Disa said, the exercises teach you a lot. If you skip any part of the book skip the meanings and do the exercises. Faeries like to be experienced. I loved the grouping exercise.

Necessary ... that is a personal card. Rewarding ... most definetly.

pickled pixie

Will definately be doing the exercises in the book! Did anyone use the book Good faeries/Bad Faeries if so did it help at all?
I REALLY REALLY love this deck, it's FAB!!! :D

pickled pixie

ooooh forgot to ask, am I supposed to do the exercise 'whats the atmosphere etc.' with EVERY card or just the three that your supposed too? sorry if I'm being a thicky!! :cool5:

pp xxx

Sheri

I was not a "faery" person before I got this deck - mainly I got it to see what was so great about it to warrant the following it has.

What a great deck! I was really surprised by the depth of the deck and its sense of humor! Some people don't like the artwork because it seems darker than some of the other Fae oracles and Tarots, but that is one of the things I like about it.

I have had this deck now for several months and have read with it without looking up the meanings of the cards. I do use the book to look up the NAMES of the cards because the calligraphy used to write the card names is difficult for me to read. I haven't had to look up a card meaning yet - in fact, the book recommends using the cards without the book first! Gotta love that! :D

If you spend a little time with the cards as you draw them, you will see who they are and what messages they carry :D

Also, there is no wrong way to use them, do whatever feels right for you - and it will be :D

Oh, and do join us in the study group!!! Everyone is learning there and it is alot of fun!

valeria

pickled pixie

Hi Valeria :)
I also like my fae a little darker looking so this deck is perfect for me too!
Many of the cards I understand but the singers I get nothing from so think I may have to look those up!
will definatley pop over to the study group as soon as I get a spare five minutes :thumbsup:

pp xxx

Disa

Yep the singers are a bit difficult.

Not sure which part you are asking about in "What's the atmosphere?" I do see it mentioned in the least favorite/most favorite exercise and in that case- you do it for just those two cards. I don't think it would hurt to do it for all of them, though-that's a good way to get to know them all on a personal level.

So, the study group is good to go to if you aren't going to read the book? I've been trying to decide whether to go there or not for the longest time.

Have fun,

Disa

pickled pixie

Hi Disa,
People keep saying make sure you do ALL the exercises before you read the meanings but the only exercises I can see is the first one with the two cards and the sorting into different sets, I thought there was going to be loads of exercises before I got to read about the cards!... I feel that I've maybe missed something?
oh well have been doing that exercise with all the cards and will probably continue to do so, although have read the books take on the cards after I've got my own idea about them.

Sorry if this post is a bit muddled but I have a toddler trying to wedge a teletubbie in my ear! :D

pp xxx

Jewel

I did continue doing exercises for the other cards as they came up in my daily draw - favorite/least favorite questions depending on my reaction to the card. But that is me, and I am notorious for studying things to death *LOL*.

I found doing the exercises with the Singers very helpful. They were the most challenging for me to be comfortable with, but in the end they are just as dear to me as the rest. I have been using this deck for around 6 or 7 years now (every day for a daily draw). I love them, and would not consider leaving home without them *LOL*.

With this deck, if you dedicate the time, you will find that you will go through a paradigm shift. At some point you will not even think of it as a deck, but as your friends the faeries. Sounds wierd, I know, but that is what has happened to many of us. When you go to the study group you will see what I mean.

As for coming to the study group we would welcome those of you who want to join us. It is a great group and very active. We are always up to something and always welcome new ideas and members. It does not matter if you got your faeries today, come and join us. Feel free to open threads we are all up for sharing what we know and learning from your experiences as well.

pickled pixie

Hi Jewel,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome into the study group and hopefully soon I can join in (bit pressed for time though with a 3 year old and a three month old!!) I have slowly been reading through all the old threads about these cards and I have noticed that you really DO love this deck (didn't you take them on your honeymoon!!??!! :eek: :D ) I must admit I am taking them everywhere with me and am even dreaming about them!!....and I do think that they are already being cheeky and have hidden my mascara!! oh well better be off before the men in white coats come and take me away...hehe...

pp xxx