Cat's Eye Tarot

Kissa

Oh! very very deep meaning, catdoc. A brand new way of showing the Three of Swords. THANKS!
I appreciate the message as well. We have these "don't take a summer cat" posters everywhere here in Finland. With most of the Finns being in their summer cottages for over two months, summer cats are a big issue here. We are the proud owners of two of this kind :)

You do know you will have to write a companion book for the deck, do you? A LWB might just not be enough... :D

Sorry! I forgot to say that your artwork looks really beautiful. The way you paint the cats shows how much you have observed them in a very "anatomical" and "behavioural" way (sorry for those new words :p ) and yet the watercolour technique allows a dreamy, soft, somehow irrealistic feeling. It is gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing with us!

Kissa (the finnish cat)

baba-prague

The Three of Swords is great - terribly sad, but it should be. I'm gald that you haven't made this deck "fluffy" in any way, I think that's the right decision.

I really do like the work more and more, and I'd almost (grin) like to encourage you to abandon the garden and paint instead!

Look forward to seeing the next ones too.

Major Tom

The more I see of your work the better I like it. That's a great original take on the depiction of the Three of Swords. :)

galadrial

It's so nice to see another card, even though it is a sad one. In the desert it is a problem with roadrunners and quail, that some people will feed them for awhile and then leave. We don't have posters, but warnings about this are printed in the newspaper from time to time. It's definately a jab to the heart see them hanging around an empty house expectantly. It's an excellent choice of subject for the 3 of Swords. I agree with Baba that I'm glad you're not making a fluffy deck.

ferrous

I'm impressed ..

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm not into cats *at all* but I am really impressed with your deck. Normally a subject matter of cats would turn me off whatever the cats are featured on, but I'm really enjoying looking at your art work.

Colour me really impressed .. if the opinion of a dog lover counts for anything. lol! :D

ferrous

I have to add another comment. Temperance & The Star are simply beautiful!

catdoc

Re: I'm impressed ..

ferrous said:
.. if the opinion of a dog lover counts for anything. lol! :D

Of course the opininon of a dog lover counts! In fact I may have to weight such an opinion more heavily. We cat lovers tend to be suckers for all things with cats on them and might not be the most objective critics. So thank you very much for your kind words.

Deb

catdoc

three of wands

As promised this card is a "happier" one......

http://www.catdocmaine.com/mytarot/threes.html

Three of Wands
Keywords: Exploration, Foresight, Leadership

Three kittens embark on an adventure. Ready to expand his horizons, a leader emerges. Exploration of the unknown is required for youth to gain the skills that only experience can hone. Will the others follow him into the garden? Unlike the Fool these kittens have thought about this action. Still, it is a leap of faith and requires the bold self-confidence of a wands temperament.

What prompts us to take a chance, to start a new venture? Vision? Foresight? How do you know a gamble is worth the risk? The safe route may be to follow another's lead, but someone has to go first. The Three of Wands speaks to those qualities which produce leadership.

When this card appears in a reading it asks you to take the long view. This may promt you to put plans into action. It does not guarantee success, but it does encourage you to follow your vision. It may encourage you to take a leadership role, explore the possibilities that are all around us. Alternatively, it may be a warning that you may want to look more closely at the one you have chosen to follow. Is this the path you truly wish to be on?

Deb

baba-prague

It's a lovely card, and again, very recognisable in terms of cat behaviour - haven't we all just seen cats following the brave one who dares to explore!

It's a really evocative and appropriate Three of Wands. As always, thoughtful, sensitive work.

Keep going please!

SilverWing

I love cats. Another one for the wish list.