• Mystic Readings

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Tarot, Tea, & Me

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Tarotsphere

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

The Happy Squirrel

I have asked this in another thread, no reply yet, and with closing time looming I am getting nervous. I spotted Cartomany Forum's new section "Esoteric Tarot". So.... is that an option...? I have place a hold on my thoth explorations but am hoping to one day dabble a bit more... So I am keen to follow this up...

thorhammer

I have asked this in another thread, no reply yet, and with closing time looming I am getting nervous. I spotted Cartomany Forum's new section "Esoteric Tarot". So.... is that an option...? I have place a hold on my thoth explorations but am hoping to one day dabble a bit more... So I am keen to follow this up...

Dude, chill ❤️ All will be well. We will find a new home with someone we trust as a mod. It will happen. I'm a member on three of the new fora already and if we do end up with an entirely separate Esoteric Tarot Forum as well, then I'll be there too. We will all find one another.

The Happy Squirrel

Dude, chill ❤️ All will be well. We will find a new home with someone we trust as a mod. It will happen. I'm a member on three of the new fora already and if we do end up with an entirely separate Esoteric Tarot Forum as well, then I'll be there too. We will all find one another.

Sweet.

Zephyros

Although I commend the Cartomancy forum for expanding its offering with an esoteric section, I still feel an exclusively Thoth section is important, and some of the other forums have done. An esoteric section would combine the Kabballah and Golden Dawn sections of this forum, which is good, but still doesn't have the scope a full Thoth forum has.

thorhammer

Although I commend the Cartomancy forum for expanding its offering with an esoteric section, I still feel an exclusively Thoth section is important, and some of the other forums have done. An esoteric section would combine the Kabballah and Golden Dawn sections of this forum, which is good, but still doesn't have the scope a full Thoth forum has.

Okay, so while my original vote was (I think) for TT&M, that's neither here nor there. It's a time of flux and everything is changing a hell of a lot in short spaces of time. Tarotsphere has been very accommodating and I've been impressed with Holly's tech savvy - far superior to my own (though that does leave a lot of room). She's installed a Thoth subforum within Tarot Studies, which in turn has Golden Dawn, Kabbalah and Alphabets, and Other Esoteric Studies as sub-sub-fora. I pointed out to her the importance of having these distinctions at the outset so that the moderator/s could avoid having to sort through the discussions at a later date if it were decided to divide things up then.

This morning I also messaged her offering to be the moderator for the Thoth forum. This offer seems to have been well-received though nothing is set in stone yet. Always Wondering, I'm hoping that this news is happy-making for you xx

thorhammer

I'd also like to thank everyone for the messages I've received over the last few days regarding this move and my possible role as mod. Given that I've abandoned the group on more than one occasion for a very long time, I'm touched by the respect and faith that's been expressed. I feel like you all have more confidence in my ability to do this than I do, which gives me some hope :laugh: I was even accused this morning of being - gasp! - personable! The offers of help and support have also been so very reassuring. Assuming this all goes ahead, I feel like we can make it work.

Spiffo

Following with interest.

(Just wanted to anchor myself to this thread so I get email updates on subsequent posts.)

Zephyros

I'd also like to thank everyone for the messages I've received over the last few days regarding this move and my possible role as mod. Given that I've abandoned the group on more than one occasion for a very long time, I'm touched by the respect and faith that's been expressed. I feel like you all have more confidence in my ability to do this than I do, which gives me some hope :laugh: I was even accused this morning of being - gasp! - personable! The offers of help and support have also been so very reassuring. Assuming this all goes ahead, I feel like we can make it work.

Anything you need, we're already friends on Facebook, and, you know. I'm available for any questions. :)

I'll add that although it makes sense in the Cartomancy forum's case, they did specify that discussions about magic and religion would have to go in their Spirituality section. Many of the topics discussed here would fall under those two topics, yet still related to the Thoth, so that could limit the scope of the forum.

thorhammer

Anything you need, we're already friends on Facebook, and, you know. I'm available for any questions. :)

Thanks for everything :thumbsup:

I'll add that although it makes sense in the Cartomancy forum's case, they did specify that discussions about magic and religion would have to go in their Spirituality section. Many of the topics discussed here would fall under those two topics, yet still related to the Thoth, so that could limit the scope of the forum.

You're right about that. And I think we'll be able to manage some topics that Aeon418 and I have been discussing by PM in the Esoteric Study subsubsubsub forum on TS, which is terribly exciting to me.

thorhammer

It has begun! Mwuhahaha! My plan for world domination is in motion, one Esoteric Tarot studies forum at a time! :laugh:

It's official, I'm the new Tarot Studies moderator at Tarotsphere. Do Yu all feel a bit better now?