The Shadow Card

Kaz

Thanks Melvis, I finally get it.

Kaz

Kiama

Right, now I got it, I think. Here's what I think I've got right:

____
2008 = 2+ 0+ 0+ 8= 10. My personality and soul card is Wheel of Forune. Or is my personality card the WofF and my soul card the Magician, cuz I have to reduce it to a single digit? Anyway, so that would make my Shadow card the Magician, cuz I reduce 10 to 1.

Is this right?

Kiama

MeeWah

Thank y'all for responding :)
Melvis: You've explained it well; thank you :)
With The Fool card, you are correct about it being regarded as the 22nd card.
I use the following guideline:
If the birthdate results in 4, The Emperor is both Personality & Soul Card; 13-Death, Shadow Card; 22/0-The Fool is also a Shadow Card.
If the birthdate results in 22, then 22/0-The Fool is the Personality; 4-The Emperor is the Soul;13-Death, the Shadow.
If the Personality is 13-Death, the Soul is 4-The Emperor; 22/0-The Fool is Shadow.
Any 2-digit number in excess of 22 is reduced because there are 22 Major Arcana.
As mentioned earlier, the Personality Card indicates those lessons to be learned in the life. All minor arcana cards represent aspects of the Major Arcana & as such, the pip cards act as Lessons & Opportunities Cards to the Personality Card. For example, if 4-The Emperor is the Personality Card, all number 4 cards would be used in this manner. When one examines those aspects or influences along with any of the Lifetime Cards, much can be learned, especially as they appear in daily cards or spreads.
Happy calculating, All!

bec

Right, now I got it, I think. Here's what I think I've got right:
____
2008 = 2+ 0+ 0+ 8= 10. My personality and soul card is Wheel of Forune. Or is my personality card the WofF and my soul card the Magician, cuz I have to reduce it to a single digit? Anyway, so that would make my Shadow card the Magician, cuz I reduce 10 to 1.

Is this right?

Kiama

10= WofF P card
1= magician S card
1+0 = 10 WofF shadow
0+1= 1 magician shadow

as I see it, you get 2 shadowcards.

otherweise yes you´re rigth :D oh my I think we got it !! ;D *see bec do a victory dance ´round her computer - her husbond beggin her to stop, afraid that the lovely sunshine will turn to rain* :)

JustBlue

----
is 2004___ 2 + 0 + 0 + 4 = 6

6 equals the lovers and is therefore my soul card.
And my Shadowcard is 1 + 5 The Devil.

Very strong opposites if I may say so, and relating to my life so far I feel I have gone trough my Shadow in my childhood.
And The lovers makes perfect sense as to the spirituality I have found and shaped and shape.
Perhaps I am changing Meewahs original meaning for the Shadow, but it just seems right to me. :)

Jewel

Melvis ... if your b-day adds up to 22 then your Personality card is the Fool. Your Soul Card is the Emperor.

There was a reference as to the Shadow Card being what Mary Greer in "Tarot for Yourself" called the Hidden or Teacher Card. I was working with that book last night. I did not see a mention of a Hidden card ... and the Teacher card was based on the astrological chart and in my case was the King of something ... not a major arcana card. I will look this up again to explain the Teacher Card. Her profile of cards of personal importance are great and I recommend that anyone interested in this get her book and have a natal chart drawn up.

I am not sure about the Shadow Card ... now I am confused ...

Jewel

MeeWah .... gentle correction :) ... the Lessons and Opportunity cards from the Minor Arcana come from the Sould Card. In my case that is 2 - High Priestes ... my lessons and opportunities lie in the 2's of each suit. (According to Mary Greer anyways ... I was working on this last night).

MeeWah

Kiama: Your Personality is 10-Wheel of Fortune; Soul is 1-The Magician; Shadow is 19-The Sun (it adds up to 10). Greer states The Wheel can act as a Teacher. I think that may be because The Wheel is about change, & through change one learns.

JustBlue: You've got the idea :) I am a 6-6, so 15-The Devil is my Shadow Card.

Jewel: Melvis is a 4-4, because his birthdate total of 2002 is added as 2+0+0+2=4. If the numbers add up to 22, then yes, he would be a 22/0-The Fool.
As for the Lessons & Opportunities Cards, I see what you mean--on page 18 of Greer's "Tarot for Your Self". On the same page, the Personality Card is described as indicating one's "...life purposes, aspirations and lessons to be learned". The Soul Card is described as indicating the "soul purpose and qualities that will assist...".
I see the personality as the means by which an individual expresses himself. How those expressions are manifested or not can indicate the lessons as well.

MeeWah

Bec: Oops--I'm so sorry, your post was inadvertently deleted :( but perhaps this will help?
According to your birthdate, you are a 7-7, Personality & Soul. A double combo indicates you would tend to be particularly focussed on your soul's purpose in this life.
The Shadow of 16-The Tower would indicate that it is through change that you learn. The change may be drastic or complete; or of some upheaval necessitating restructuring that you learn, see, etc. Or through events akin to revelations. It's where the expression of a "lightbulb being lit" comes from. Or on a larger scale, a figurative being "struck by lightening"--lightening being a symbol of understanding, knowledge, truth, etc.

bec

*S* I did look a second time thinking "uhhh where did it go ??"
:D but you still answered my question - thanx.
I found the book on amazon.com - nothing comes up searching "at home" :(
Can´t find the deck your mentioning - is that absolute necessary with the book - or could I use whatever deck I choose ?

Kind´a feel like the child that wouldn´t stop asking " why this and why that " ;D
Thank God I´m not a cat *LOL*