Tarot on Torchwood - Wow

Teheuti

Satori said:
I must be the only American I know ~ahem~ that watches this!!
Hey, me too. I had to get a Satellite upgrade just so I could get BBC America. Can't live without my Torchwood, Doctor Who and lots of their other shows.

Mary

Sidhe-Ra

Oh, I love torchwood- I saw that episode! Wasn't the grim reaper marvellous?

Em x

firefrost

Another Torchwood fan :D

Satori

Dean said:
Hehe yeah i know its probably abit racey for young children to watch with some scene's on Torchwood, i think its portrayed Wales as a sex crazed nation, well to be honest it wouldn't be far off there. :D

Well, these days I only let them watch if I have seen the episode first!!! Just in case!

I have to say I thought that one about the large creature they were cutting up for meat was an interesting one. I thought the themes it brought up were fascinating. Of course it made me think about whaling. Just can't believe that whales are still hunted as food.

I have not seen the Tarot episode Teheuti is referencing, but, I did tape some on the DVR, so have to see if it is there.

Dean

Satori said:
I have not seen the Tarot episode Teheuti is referencing, but, I did tape some on the DVR, so have to see if it is there.

Well Torchwood is now broadcasting it's second series in the UK right now, this will be the one that has the Tarot episode in. I think the US might be a season behind i know they are starting to show Torchwood in Australia this month

Sidhe-ra, did you see the one called "Small Worlds"

I like fairies of myth, maybe some are not always as good like Tinkerbell, i think some are dangerous creatures with their own strange agendas, that make this world a little stranger. It was one of Torchwood's best episodes.

Dean

motsa

The same little girl with her tarot cards turns up in season 2, episode 12 ("Fragments", the most recent episode). I like the look of the deck.

Attachments

• torchwood_2-12_1.jpg
    torchwood_2-12_1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 199
  • torchwood_2-12_2.jpg
    torchwood_2-12_2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 159
  • torchwood_2-12_3.jpg
    torchwood_2-12_3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 157

Rainforest Elf

I like the look of her deck too. The colors are very subtle and earthy and the images aren't too busy.

Satori

I saw the episode...I think we are going along right with you Dean, season 2! I missed Sautrday, but I did DVR it so just need to watch it.

Not sure what is up with the dead Owen thing....wish they would just find a way to bring him back to "life" and get on with his and Tosh's love affair!

Sidhe-Ra

Dean said:
Sidhe-ra, did you see the one called "Small Worlds"

I like fairies of myth, maybe some are not always as good like Tinkerbell, i think some are dangerous creatures with their own strange agendas, that make this world a little stranger. It was one of Torchwood's best episodes.

Dean

I certainly did! Absolutely fantastic- a very, very good portrayal of the darker side of Faery. Spot on!

Em xx

Dean

Satori said:
INot sure what is up with the dead Owen thing....wish they would just find a way to bring him back to "life" and get on with his and Tosh's love affair!

Hehe, i think Owen will be around for a while yet for Tosh, i think the story line was to give Owen the same immortal life like Jack has got.

I like those cards that the girl was reading with the three of swords looks quite familiar, and is that a resemblance to Jacks face in that card.

Yep just noticed something on the bottom of that card, ( Jack of Swords how cool.