Oracle De-enabling

Aulruna

Rusty Neon said:
You're looking constantly at a particular deck or book and feel a great urge to buy it. However, deep in your gut, you hope that some person or persons will talk you out of buying it. Then this is the thread for it! Tell us what you're planning to buy, why you want to buy it, why you're hesitating, and hopefully someone on the list will be able to talk you out of it!

This was the original start for the Tarot de-enabling - we should have one for Oracle decks, as well! :D

Please be aware that this thread is meant as a FUN THREAD... Many remarks will be meant in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way, wildly exaggerating and not to be taken too seriously. We really don't want to intentionally 'dis' decks so please don't get upset if you read something about your favourite deck here that you disagree with!

Please stick to the de-enabling theme.
This is NOT the place to discuss and praise decks you love!

For a balanced discussion about any particular Oracle deck, please post in their respective threads or open a new one!

Have fun de-enabling and getting de-enabled (and be warned that sometimes the best intentioned will have just the opposite effect - you might get seriously enabled here, too! Don't say afterwards we didn't warn you!!) :D

valeria and Aulruna - Oracles co-moderators

thorhammer

You little rippa!!! :D

First cab off the rank - someone take a potshot at the Way of the Horse oracle??

\m/ Kat

Tristram Shandy

I recently saw scans and posts about Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines Oracle, and got seriously interested. But I thought I had enough divination decks. I haven't even read with some of them, and I am not a collector.

This card might be helpful in de-enabling. The snake seems to have grooves in its skin, so it looks like a green earthworm! Is it a problem in the scan or in the picture?

Aulruna

thorhammer said:
You little rippa!!! :D

First cab off the rank - someone take a potshot at the Way of the Horse oracle??

\m/ Kat

Well, you would never guess it, but ... IT IS FULL OF HORSES!! Horses as far as the eye can see. Welcome monotony ;) And the companion book is full of horse stories, told by an author who trains horses. You get my drift...

Last but not least, the truly stunning artwork will potentially convert you into a horse lover in a blink, so cat persons and keepers of aquariums beware...

souljourney

Ok Tristram...
Do you really need another Goddess deck. Is that such an overdone theme or What???
Plus you are in Scandinavia... what do you need to be messing with Greek/Roman pantheon anyway. You have perfectly good Norse goddesses to learn about an meditate on.

Ok... still want the deck??

Aulruna

Tristram Shandy said:
I recently saw scans and posts about Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines Oracle, and got seriously interested. But I thought I had enough divination decks. I haven't even read with some of them, and I am not a collector.

This card might be helpful in de-enabling. The snake seems to have grooves in its skin, so it looks like a green earthworm! Is it a problem in the scan or in the picture?

The earthworm is in the deck - much darker though and almost invisible.
Medea has a very fine specimen of an earthworm though.
And Hecate looks like her legs are infected with a quite horrible (and possibly contagious) skin infliction.

Cool point about the Norse goddesses, souljourney :D

souljourney

Ok.. so I want the Enchanted Oracle and Amy Brown Oracle... They are so pretty and some are kinda dark which I like. I don't like all the light cute fairies like in Doreen Virtue or the Mystci Fairy Tarot.

I know Aulruna... monotony of fairies. LOL.

Tristram Shandy

souljourney said:
Do you really need another Goddess deck. Is that such an overdone theme or What???
Plus you are in Scandinavia... what do you need to be messing with Greek/Roman pantheon anyway. You have perfectly good Norse goddesses to learn about an meditate on.

Ok... still want the deck??

The Norse goddesses weren't worshipped in Finland. We had different deities, because we are Fenno-Ugric, not Germanic. That's why most of Finns don't consider themselves Scandinavians. Still, they have to call themselves Scandinavians to make themselves understood in English. Not enough English-speaking people have heard of term Nordic countries. Grrr!

And I know about Greek mythology ten times more than about Norse mythology. Even if there are too many Goddess decks, it doesn't necessarily make a single Goddess deck bad or mediocre. The only Godddess deck that I have is Moon Oracle, and it has only 12 goddess cards together with 60 other cards. So I am not yet sick of goddess cards.

Aulruna said:
The earthworm is in the deck - much darker though and almost invisible.
Medea has a very fine specimen of an earthworm though.
And Hecate looks like her legs are infected with a quite horrible (and possibly contagious) skin infliction.

I'm looking for info on that kind of details. Ha ha, what an earthworm!. But the middle part of its body is bizarrely flat, does that make it a flatworm? :bugeyed:

I care about both snakes and worms too much to buy this deck. Well done!

souljourney

Tristram Shandy said:
The Norse goddesses weren't worshipped in Finland. We had different deities, because we are Fenno-Ugric, not Germanic. That's why most of Finns don't consider themselves Scandinavians. Still, they have to call themselves Scandinavians to make themselves understood in English. Not enough English-speaking people have heard of term Nordic countries. Grrr!

I'm looking for info on that kind of details. Ha ha, what an earthworm!. But the middle part of its body is bizarrely flat, does that make it a flatworm? :bugeyed:

I care about both snakes and worms too much to buy this deck. Well done!

Well I learned something then.

I guess I wasn't much help at de-enabling... but I tried.

thorhammer

Aulruna said:
Well, you would never guess it, but ... IT IS FULL OF HORSES!! Horses as far as the eye can see. Welcome monotony ;) And the companion book is full of horse stories, told by an author who trains horses. You get my drift...

Last but not least, the truly stunning artwork will potentially convert you into a horse lover in a blink, so cat persons and keepers of aquariums beware...
Weeellll, I'm a horse-lover :D have been since a child. If I had the space and time I would have my own horse. I love mucking about with them, they're beautiful.

However, the monotony point does help. Also, the companion book full of horse stories? I get leery of horsey people waxing lyrical about their experiences with this or that horse - one feels as though one is expected to be remembering that particular horse's name, lineage and life story, much as one should remember such details of a person's life.

This bears pondering. Thankyou, Aulruna :)

\m/ Kat