Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 236 : February 6 - February 12

desertrat

The International Icon tarot is a pretty and, obviously, minimalist deck. Although I like the looks of it, working with it didn't inspire much excitement. I suppose I prefer something a little more flashy. And, to be honest, the human figures without hands and feet sort of bothered me. Strange that. I don't think I would ever trade it away though.

Amberjune

Happy Valentines Day to us all. :love: :*

Even though it is a commercial holiday, any day with chocolate possibly involved is a good day. Heh.

Any day providing me with an excuse to celebrate and buy more flowers is a good day, haha.

Therefore Happy Valentine's to us all!

Amberjune

Reflection on my weekly decks

Chrysalis Tarot:

I did an extensive New Moon spread with it, and ended up taking out my Petersen deck for translation. For daily draws its ok-ish. Would definitely need to spend more time with this deck to 'get it' in personal readings. What has been supremely amazing though, is how awesome this deck is for writing.
I do a writing spread and as soon as I flip the cards I can write away, works like a charm.
Chrysalis is, at least for the time being, my writing deck. Absolutely love it for that!

Journey of Love oracle:

These cards are very soothing and gentle, ideal for a time of healing and great vulnerability or when I'm having a 'sensitive' day. There are 2-3 cards in here that look 'distorted' to me and I have difficulty looking at them without my stomach turning...

This is a thing I had as a child, very strong reactions to certain 'patterns' that looked in some way distorted to me. Of course in my daily draws I pulled one of these cards twice and each time had to put it out of sight again, though I did work with its meaning. It was card 34 'Becoming'.

I like this deck and like that it has re-connected me with these childhood memories and emotions around 'distortion'...