Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 235 : January 30 - February 5

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here for January-March.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Mary-el Tarot & John Waterhouse Oracle
2. jema - El Gran Tarot Esoterico
3. Green Faerie - Victorian Fairy Tarot
4. Scarlet Woodland - Paulina Tarot & Lunatic Tarot
5. Madame Squee - Wicca Moon Tarot & My Precious Lenormand
6. desertrat -Bleu Cat Tarot
7. katey - Mystic Faerie Tarot
8. JylliM - Alice Tarot
9. BodhiSeed - Jolanda Tarot & the oracle Bird Signs
10. Treeleafe - Mystical Cats
11. AJ - Art of Life
12. Achlys - Ritual Abuse
13. RiverRunsDeep - Legend: the Arthurian Tarot
14. GoldenWolf - Tarot of Delphi & Under the Roses Lenormand

VGimlet

Mary-el again this week, along with the Waterhouse Oracle.

jema

Hi VG, things going will with Mary-El?

I just changed my mind about the deck after sitting with it for an hour, so put back the PoMo for another day and took out El Gran Tarot Esoterico! (quite a mouth-full that title)

Green Faerie

Victorian Fairy Tarot again for me. I finally did a reading today (posted over in the readings thread), and it was so helpful. I'd like to put in another week or two with this deck and see if I can get into a pattern of reading every couple of days. :)

Scarlet Woodland

Paulina Tarot & Lunatic Tarot

I'll be working with two true beauties this week. Firstly, as planned, I'm finally spending a week with the Paulina Tarot. Have been waiting for the right time with this one and as of yesterday it's been shouting at me. Now that I have some 2× magnification reading glasses and the app on my 9.5" tablet, I finally won't have to worry about missing out on the detail :bugeyed:

The second, unscheduled deck arrived just this morning and I couldn't resist. Yay, my Lunatic Tarot is here! Luscious is my first impression, thoroughly luscious. The deck interview was very interesting as well; the "weakness" card made me chuckle... as I flipped The World card face up, I could almost hear her answer "Weakness? How dare you." :D

ETA: Both decks seem to be telling me that we'll be getting into some painful internal/shadow work this week, which is news to me... but darn it, they're tag teaming me again!

Madame Squee

Please sign me up with the Wicca Moon Tarot and My Precious Lenormand (Debono). Thank you, VG!

desertrat

Please sign me up with the Wicca Moon Tarot and My Precious Lenormand (Debono). Thank you, VG!

Did you round the corners on your Wicca Moon? I have been avoiding mine because of its pointiness. Some day I will round, but currently too lazy.

VG, put me down for the Bleu Cat Tarot this week.

katey

I'm going to give the Mystic Faerie Tarot a go this week! :)

JylliM

I'll give the Alice Tarot a run this week, thanks VG.

VGimlet

Hi VG, things going will with Mary-El?

Good. It's actually one of my favorite decks - I put it on the "more later list" years ago, even before the 78 card deck came out. I have a very strong connection with it, which makes it easy to read with. It's nice to actually spend time with it, as up to now I've only used it for my occasional personal readings and shadow work in December.