Tarot block

Kingu

I am a professional tarot reader by trade hired as a free lance agent by a psychic reading company so tarot reading is my career and a huge part of my life. The last couple of days though I have had trouble connecting and communicating with my cards. No matter what spreads or decks I use it is like a door that is always open that I use every day as suddenly closed and jammed shut. I have... in my own words....got tarot block. Has anyone here experienced this or has any ideas how to work through it?

Saskia

Are you able to take a bit of a break - a few days - to recharge and focus on something completely different? Or change decks for a while? If you have to use certain decks for your clients (determined by your employer), maybe use different decks for simple personal readings to refresh your views?

I've noticed that when a deck starts going "stale" it helps to switch to some other deck for the time being. The previous deck will start working again after a break. Also, putting your mind into something completely different can help.

Do you use oracle cards of any sort? I just bought the Druid Oracles and noticed that they help to get my mind off tarot, which provides the refreshment break, which in turn helps me read better with tarot. Best of luck! It's only temporary, I'm sure. You might be stressed out and/or overworked and hence not able to tune in. Tarot can't be practised like a factory instalment line, after all!

Kingu

Thank you for replying to me so quickly Saskia, I really needed some insight as this block has been going on for a couple of days now. I can use any deck I like to do my readings with for my employers and I have tried switching decks but I had the same problem even with my special go-to deck that I first learnt on and is my favourite because it was handed down to me from my mother. You said it might be stress, I thought about it but couldn't think of anything I was stressed about till it hit me. On Monday I had one caller client who had mental problems and was delusional and paranoid. It was a very stressful call to take and handle and I replayed it over and over again in my mind for the rest of the day and well into the night thinking how could I have handled it differently, what I should have said. The block hit the next day. I think your right, a break for a few days might be for the best.

Cocobird55

Sounds like you are having a very strong reaction to the querent with mental problems. It does sound difficult.

I agree -- take a break for a few days and clear your mind of your bad experience.

Grizabella

It's also possible that you've just had stress and hard work piled into a big pile and this client was the final straw so you need to take a few days off.

Reading the cards takes emotional and spiritual energy and it can be very intense. At times, without our realizing it, we burn out. When that happens, then we need to just put the cards and the clients away and do absolutely nothing but rest and rejuvenate. Read a book (non-Tarot), listen to music, do some art, crafts or writing, watch a movie or two---just in general refresh yourself so you have a rested feeling when you go back to work.

violetdaisy

When I have tarot block... I too just put them away. If you're working for a company maybe they would accep some other form of divination? Like bibliomancy or if you have a system that can randomly play all of your music collection or a collection of songs that are "suggested" based on what you like maybe you can pull from those sources? (Bibliomancy in the broader s bar, not just bible bu other important works).

Or runes...tea leaves...recently read something about flowers...putting pictures of different flowers on cards And drawing from a bag, or putting actual flowers in tiny bags/boxes and drawing from a bag/larger box...it's almost the spring equinox here so you could make a *special* spring reading offering using the meanings of flowers..a gimmick if you will to give you a break from tarot.

weareone213

Put the cards away and rely on your psychic abilities. Close your eyes, receive the images and go from there. I had it happen when I started reading the tarot at sixteen, began to disconnect with the cards and began reading clairvoyantly for people. I have always used tarot in my readings and have taken breaks from using them until I am "re-inspired"

Kingu

Thank you

Thank you so much my tarot peeps for all the advice. It is so reassuring to know that I am not the only one who has experienced this problem. I am certainly going to take a few days to rest and refocus. I spent yesterday cleaning out my hamsters and baking cookies ( not at the same time of course). I do Rune readings and cleomancy (divination through dice) as well as tarot reading so I will enquire with my boss if I can do that till I get my Tarot mojo back.