How Often Have Your Overseas Packages Gone Missing?

earthair

I spoke too soon and jinxed it. :(
Tracked package from France has gone AWOL.

gregory

I spoke too soon and jinxed it. :(
Tracked package from France has gone AWOL.
How do you mean ? You can't "know" it is lost - surely the tracking site doesn't say "oops; we don't know what happened but we seem to have lost touch with your deck" or something ? See under my Canadian passport story !

earthair

How do you mean ? You can't "know" it is lost - surely the tracking site doesn't say "oops; we don't know what happened but we seem to have lost touch with your deck" or something ? See under my Canadian passport story !

Uh? Where did I say I 'know' it is lost? Are you quoting the right person?
I said it had gone AWOL = absent without leave. It was marked dispatched from France over a week ago...and tracking is still just showing it was accepted at PO. It's probably either 1) sat under a baguette on a desk somewhere or 2) will arrive by cunning surprise having not officially even left France yet 3) has gone on a quick holiday detour to somewhere sunny :D .

gregory

Ah. AWOL suggested to me that you knew it had had it.

I've had them tracked from Italy take up to 6 weeks.... I think that's why LoS use TNT !

danieljuk

I would give it a little time before reporting it earthair. Were you given a suggested delivery schedule? I would wait till that is up and then say it's not arrived and tracking ended at the PO!

jema

Never, and I order a lot of stuff. I have had people sending me wrong things though, but that is another story.

FaintlyMacabre

I don't order like I once did, but I do not remember anything lost. There were some broken items.

At one time I did order from some foreign countries and they came through okay. I recently had some from the UK and France and not long ago from Hungary although that took too long.

A number of years ago, I did some eBay selling and I have heard that Canada has gotten very bad about holding things up now. I see rates are high too. It is a shame that we are so close and it is easier to buy from Poland. Of course I am generally cautious about who I buy from, no matter where it is.

Used to deal with Book Depository quite a bit and they were quite satisfactory. I have gotten a couple of eBay things from China recently and one came faster than US stuff.

Diana

cSpaceDiva

Funny you bring it up because I'm waiting on one from Baba Store now that's been over three weeks--has tracking info but nothing updated since 1/23. I know it usually doesn't take this long, so I think I need to start looking into it.

One other time I thought something was lost. I ordered from a seller in France on ebay. All they could say was that they sent it, and my post office was of no help. Then months later, long after I was able to leave feedback on ebay, it just showed up one day with no explanation.

VGimlet

I have maybe only had three packages go completely missing from overseas OR the US.

One was from a UK seller a long time ago, one was a US shipper recently, and the other was many years ago - before online shopping was a thing, even - from NZ.

Now, I've had packages that took many, many weeks (once even two months) longer than expected to get here.

Emily

I had a bit of an experience from an Amazon marketplace seller in early Jan. I ordered a playstation game for my son and it should have come a couple of days before his birthday. Now I checked the reviews for this seller and they were all good - parcels coming in a couple of days of ordering. I also ordered other items for my son, including ones from China. I got worried when I had the China orders come in but not this game which was from the UK.

So I checked and this game was 3 weeks overdue so I emailed the seller and had the email bounce back saying that this seller no longer received Amazon emails. So I checked the reviews again. The seller hadn't been sending out parcels for at least a month. There were so many bad reviews. It appeared at the beginning that he was replying to the reviews and emails telling people that their parcels were in the post but no one was receiving anything. Then he cancelled his Amazon account.

I've never had an experience like this before and have been ordering from Amazon for around 12 years. So I filed a claim to get my money back. I was refunded within the hour.

Its made me more careful about who I order from and to keep track of when things should turn up. Apart from the orders that come from China - they can usually take anything from 3 to 6 weeks and usually just turn up. But even if you have to email the Chinese sellers, you get a polite email back asking to wait just a few more days then to get back in touch if nothing turns up. :)

Edit - just realised this was in Talking Tarot and not Chat lol