Who is Melody?

gregory

A few useful pionters in the comments at the bottom of this article

http://www.examiner.com/article/who-is-melody-author-of-love-is-the-earth
So she has a brother named Robert... Every little helps (I have now become mildly obsessed. I was sorry to see someone trying to trademark a rock :mad:)

Hm:

The author of "love is in the earth" who goes by Melody is in fact a real woman. She is at the Tucson gem show every year. She is currently enforcing her legal trademark for a stone often known as Melody's stone (Sacred Seven or Super seven or seven sisters). Her lawyer has sent out warnings to several vendors, including some that I know. I was very sad to see her engaging in the same practice as Robert Simmons.

COULD her last name be Simmons ?

ETA COULD be she was nee Marjie Nell Smith...

Briar Rose

I hand wrote her 2 times, and she personally wrote me back 2 times. She is very nice, and is more than willing to answer any questions. She just signs her name, 'Melody.' You can send a letter to her through her publisher, and then it's up to Melody to use her return address. She did with me. I think she is just cautious.

Aeric

Interesting. Did you take any of her certifications? What does Melody Crystal Healing offer that non-Melody practitioners don't?

After looking through the course programs I don't see much that's different from what I've seen in smaller scale crystal workshops, except that it all follows Melody's particular brand of correspondences and crystal tools.

canid

Here's an excerpt from one of her books, when I was researching palladium:

"Love is in the Earth by Melody. The following direct quotes are from Melody’s book: “Palladium can be used extensively in healing and in the facilitation of total wellness. It furthers ones affinity with the outer ethers, providing for a joining of efforts or interests between the self and the infinite energies available. Continual use of palladium provides for a permanent synthesis of energies, bringing an essential oneness to the awareness and the actualization of individual creativity.”

“The energy contained within palladium has been derived from the distant ancestral form of wisdom; it, therefore, tends to as a catalyst for all ‘light-based’ activities. It furthers the initiation of, and the continuity in, astral travel and channeling strengthening the attachment and allowing for consciousness during these activities. It also promotes withdrawal from these states.”

Palladium “assists one to cease and desist in those activities which are remaining from outdated conditioning, providing impetus to advancement in the transformation of ones life into the vision of the new and conscious humanity. It further assists in providing augmentation to the social skills necessary for both interaction and associations which supplement ones growth.”

“Palladium represents Athena, the goddess of wisdom, the arts, enterprise, and prudent disputes. It provides the energies to further pursuits in these areas and to inspire triumph. It was said to have been used as one of the materials comprising a statue which ensured the safety of Troy, providing for protection from dis-ease and assisting in the retrieval of hidden knowledge.”

“It has also been used to serve as a vehicle for the entry into the realm of ancient knowledge and sacred wisdom, providing for access to, and furthering the ‘translation’ capabilities applicable to, the sacred Buddhist texts. This mineral has been used to stimulate the electrical energy within the body to maintain the alignment between the physical and ethereal body, and to moderate emotional intensity in all situations. It can also be used in the treatment of disorders of the lungs, the cerebral cortex, and the circulatory system. It can reduce the violence of dis-ease and can raise the vibratory level of the bodies to resonate with the higher energies of perfection.” "

So, if that trips your trigger, check it out.

ETA: http://www.melodycrystals.co.uk/Home_Page.php

stonesatiety

Aeric: I haven't had formal, but Melody seems sincere in her sharing. I used her books more for the excellent quartz section and the like, in addition to the outstanding pictures of so many stones. If a type of stone attracted me, I would keep an eye out for it. I have the old versions with text-only books complimented by photo books. If you feel drawn to her workshops and have the time and money, why not? Once you start the stones will augment human guidance.

I say jump in! The water's fine.

Robert Simmons is co-owner of Heaven and Earth, an online stone and jewelry seller with a large room filled with beautiful stones and jewelry at the annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. A good friend of mine, who is friends with Robert and his wife, told me they recently moved to New Zealand. Robert has written a book about moldavite and co-wrote a recent metaphysical stone book. I don't remember the names offhand. Heaven and Earth publishes a beautiful, yearly color catalog, which I highly recommend as a way to see and feel the energy of many different, often unusual stones.