Favorite Spreads

RedMaple

Thanks for the thread, lawguy - what great stories! And thank you, Umbrae, for the Horseshoe spread. Sure to be one of my long-time favorites, I think.

bec

If you are experiencing probs with getting in on Anjas Tarot it is just my server having hick-ups :)

I don't get a whole lot of mails with new spreads :( I wonder why .... because spread page is visited quite a lot daily :D please mail me with your spreads, the ones you want listed in Anjas Tarot ....

sharpchick

New Moon Spread

I don't remember where I got this one, but I use it every New Moon with very good results.

The cards are laid by weeks in the New Moon cycle. You should read mundane readings for the Minor Arcana - don't get real esoteric with it. Read what hits you immediately when you turn over the card. Courts always represent people who will have an effect during the period of time in which they appear.

Trumps, particularly two or more in a given week, herald events or occurrences which will impact the Seeker beyond the time covered by the spread.

The Significator card is #13 in the middle of the spread. It's helpful to go back to review the spread in context with the Significator after each week has passed, and then again with the spread as a whole after the month is over.

XXXXXXXXXXXX3XXXXXXXXXXX12
XXXXXXXXX2XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX11
XXXXXX1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX13XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX6XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX9X
XXXXXXXXX5XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX8XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX4XXXXXXXXXX7XXXXXXXXX

Read cards 1-3 for week 1
Read cards 4-6 for week 2
Read cards 7-9 for week 3
Read cards 10-12 for week 4
Read card #13 as the significator