Fifteen Card Spread

Centaur

Just thought I would add my contribution here. When I give a reading, I usually begin with a Celtic Cross for an overview of the querents general life situation, then I progress to what I call the Fifteen Card Spread. I am not sure if this is someone else's creation!! (ha!), but it works for me.

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15

The querent is asked of a specific situation for which he or she would like further insight. Five cards are then picked and overturned. To provide further insight, another five cards are then picked, and so on. It is important to select and read only five cards at a time, leaving the selection of the next five cards, till after the first five cards have been interpreted. Hope that makes sense.

I find a connection with this spread. And it has rarely shown me any untruths.

Centaur

Musie

I like this spread. Thank you Centaur for sharing it. I was looking for a general all purpose spread. I use Celtic Cross too as a snapshot before going more indepth too.

Trogon

Howdy Centaur. Just wondering... do you have specific "meanings" for each of the 5 cards (for example; past, recent past, present, near future, future), or do you just put them together into a kind of story line? Also, do each set of 5 cards have a different significance?

Centaur

Trogon - The cards have no specific 'meanings'. I tell the querent to choose five cards and to lay them out in any order that he/she likes. I then turn over these cards, and piece them together to make a story, moving 'related' (cards that I 'feel' should be together) cards together. I then tell the querent to pick another card and to lay it face-down on top of any of the five cards that he/she has chosen, until all cards have a further card face down on top of them. I then turn these cards over and interpret them in the context of the original story and the card over which they have been placed. I do the same for the final five cards.

I suppose the first five cards could be interpreted as the situation in question, and the further ten cards as an exploration into what is happening, or will happen in that situation. Sometimes I ask the querent to choose a 16th card. This gives a general overview of the outcome. Although I only do this when I 'feel' that I should. Hope that makes sense!!

Cheers

Centaur