The Parlour Sibyl meanings

jrr01

Does anyone have a page where I can find the interpertations or meanings for The Parlour Sibyl?

Thanks in Advance.

jrr01

?

that page does not contain all the meanings im looking for... :-( by the way the original The Parlour Sibyl 1979. does it come in an instruction booklet? thanks.

MatPoint

I have the Parlour Sibyl and I was disappointed when I read the LWB that comes with the deck because the keywords showed in the cards do not match the meanings in the booklet.

I was not very excited about this deck anyway.

Gavriela

It reads a lot easier if you go by the pictures and use the keywords on the cards as a starting point - have to agree with Mat, the LWB meanings sound like they're for a different deck entirely.

Sophie

Gavriela said:
It reads a lot easier if you go by the pictures and use the keywords on the cards as a starting point - have to agree with Mat, the LWB meanings sound like they're for a different deck entirely.
That's what I do. Even though it's from the beginning of his career, in 1825, Granville was already an amazing artist who knew how to convey expression with a few strokes. Can you imagine a better way of showing "frustration" than the one Granville chose? It's so eloquent!

I read it going entirely on imagery and keywords, and disregard both playing cards and LWB (the playing card correspondences are odd - I don't know if anyone has figured them out). In any case, the 19th century original would not have had an LWB.

I find this deck very down-to-earth, but I wouldn't use it for everything. It tends to go in the category of "anything I want a simple, easy, not very subtle answer for" - sometimes as an alternative to Lenormand or alongside it (Lenormand is far more subtle but equally down-to-earth). Mainly I read with it because I love Granville.