what could Death RX mean for the outcome of a relationship?

sacredashes

iulia said:
The question was : how will they as a couple be for the rest of the year? The outcome was Death rx.

P.S some usefull background info : they are a couple for 4 years, he recently confessed to her that he feels a strong infatuation for another woman, like an obsession with her; that woman is not available. Interesting is that the cards I got for what does the other woman mean for him was Empress and what does my friend mean for him was Queen of Pentacles.

It shows the other woman representing someone he idealizes as the perfect woman **to him at this stage anyway** and perhaps the fact that she's not available makes that illusion even more alluring to him; because the illusion won't not be shattered by the reality of mundane everyday existance.

He may find his wife dependable but predictable and the Queen pales in comparrison to the Empress... Why though? They are both queens in their own right, could it be that the Empress is a Major therefore it shifts our perception to the possibility that she "trumps" over the Queen of Pentacles?

I do think it is unfair to compare people that way but I do admit that its entirely possible for the cards to show us how one perception can be skewed when we are in a state of confusion; especially when the attraction is strong.

I think he perceives the other woman as something more than what she really is; meaning he has loaded his fantasies on her and is not able to face the reality that he wants something more in his marriage or there is a lack in it he cannot express to his wife without fearing he'll hurt her feelings; instead he has channeled that denial into an ideal woman he cannot have.

Death reversed may be the message that he is having difficulties admitting that to himself or to her and yes, it may drag on for the both of them causing more anguish and hurt.

*Disclaimer : its how I would look at the cards in this situation but its not the only possiblity.

Ash

Demon Goddess

Death (Rx) is a rebirth or a new beginning... never an end.

Bronwyn1

iulia said:
I need a bit of extra explanations about something you said ...could his confession be actually an atack to her thought it may seem as an expression of trust and love?

This looks to me like he's taking the easy way out and having her make the decision to leave him. What would YOU do? Instead of ending the relationship he's made her feel poorly, unloved, etc....whatever. IMHO

Demon Goddess

Bronwyn1 said:
This looks to me like he's taking the easy way out and having her make the decision to leave him. What would YOU do? Instead of ending the relationship he's made her feel poorly, unloved, etc....whatever. IMHO

That's it... that was the thought I couldn't wrap my head around... he wants her to decide... it's up to her! That's why...

ok... I hush.

iulia

Thank you all for your answers

Demon Goddess said:
Death (Rx) is a rebirth or a new beginning... never an end.

Well, there we go again...the two meanings :) I am a beginner with reading cards that is why I started this thread ...did you see the two meanings " in action" in readings before ? relationships for witch Death rx was good and a sign the couple survived a trial and was reborn and then relationships that stagnated and at some point ended?

Bronwyn1

Demon Goddess said:
That's it... that was the thought I couldn't wrap my head around... he wants her to decide... it's up to her! That's why...

ok... I hush.

Ya, what a prince! Why else would he have told her? Can you imagine the arguments it's going to cause? the tension? her hurt?? She's likely to ugly about it and he's going to put on the old "I can't take this *^$! anymore.

iulia

Bronwyn1 said:
Ya, what a prince! Why else would he have told her? Can you imagine the arguments it's going to cause? the tension? her hurt?? She's likely to ugly about it and he's going to put on the old "I can't take this *^$! anymore.

yep, but there s more to it. they have a business and work very well together...he is a very pragmatic , intelligent man who has a deep aversion for marriage . In readings he turns up as either king of pentacles -often rx- king of swords or the Emperor. The cards that I always draw for his attraction for that woman are the Devil , The world, the tower.But he has built something with my friend and i don t think he is willing to give that up.

Demon Goddess

iulia said:
Thank you all for your answers

Well, there we go again...the two meanings :) I am a beginner with reading cards that is why I started this thread ...did you see the two meanings " in action" in readings before ? relationships for witch Death rx was good and a sign the couple survived a trial and was reborn and then relationships that stagnated and at some point ended?

After all these years, it's kind of hard to say... I mean I've seen this card mean the birth of a newborn baby just recently, so a lot of the meaning depends on the surrounding cards. But I would never see death as an ending. Not even reversed... Tens are endings... the Universe is an ending, but never Death.

Whether it is good or not, is entirely up to the people involved. The problem your friend is facing is that she has to decide whether she wants to continue her relationship with this man based on the grounds he's created for her if there are children involved, she may have no choice BUT to continue some relationship with him, in which case their relationship will change even if they split up, or if she wants to simply walk away and start a new life, and can, then their relationship will change.

Either way, good or bad, this card is imminently defining for her that her life will never be what it was before. But it is SHE who has to decide how it's going to change and until she decides, you cannot tell her where she is going or how the relationship will change.

HTH

Bronwyn1

Yep, when your beloved comes home and tells you he has the hots for some other babe it's bound to change things very profoundly!! She'll likely never see him the same way she used to!

sacredashes

Bronwyn1 said:

I can see where you're coming from with this and it is possible that he's making it easier for his wife to leave him because he won't/can't do it himself; or he could be feeling guilty about his attraction towards another woman and is genuinely reaching out to his wife so they can work out the kinks in the marriage before the attraction becomes something more.

And yes, it will be very difficult to deal with his confession but he could have done worse, I think. He could have just gone with the option to cheat on her and not say a word at all; or just leave her. Maybe telling his wife about his feelings is a desperate attempt to come clean and maybe work things out within their marriage.

But if the Death card is reversed; it may mean that something is in the way of them letting go (..of what?); moving on (.. to where?) or just working things out and if so, they'll have to find out what it is and try overcome it.

However, its not the only Major card in the reading, I gather from the first post. I do wonder if the Empress is trying to court his attention as well? Who knows? If only this was day-time soap....

Ash