6 of cups versus 2 of cups?

Sar

For me 6/cups represents relationships where the man has all the responsibility, but are emotionally abused by his wife if he does not do what she wants.

Thirteen

Sar said:
For me 6/cups represents relationships where the man has all the responsibility, but are emotionally abused by his wife if he does not do what she wants.
???? Well, if that's what it means to you, personally, okay. But I'm a little mystified as to why you'd suggest this as an interpretation that others should consider. Can you explain how you derive this from the typical image as presented in Rider-Waite type decks (a boy handing a little girl flowers???, or from the suit of cups which simply relates to emotions, or from the number 6 which, upright, relates to peace, balance and harmony???

Are you speaking of a particular deck?

GreenMoonBeam

Thirteen said:
???? Well, if that's what it means to you, personally, okay. But I'm a little mystified as to why you'd suggest this as an interpretation that others should consider. Can you explain how you derive this from the typical image as presented in Rider-Waite type decks (a boy handing a little girl flowers???, or from the suit of cups which simply relates to emotions, or from the number 6 which, upright, relates to peace, balance and harmony???

I wondered if the OP was referring to the dark imagery of the 6 of Cups of the
Archeon Deck? This 6 of Cups is very different to Rider-Waite types (to me)

Mellifluous

ofbainbridge said:
I would say the 2 of cups might refer to a situation where your trying to decide what you feel and how you feel about someone or something- that your in the process of making that emotional connection

The Six of cups could be an indication that mental deliberation and emotional struggle are over with, that the decision to care for someone or something has been made and that balance and harmony have been restored or found because of it.

Blessings

This sums it up well. There is more trust and a greater feeling of safety with the 6 of cups.

Sar

Thirteen said:

The 6/cups in the Archeon always gives me this impression.

Thirteen

GreenMoonBeam said:
I wondered if the OP was referring to the dark imagery of the 6 of Cups of the
Archeon Deck? This 6 of Cups is very different to Rider-Waite types (to me)
Hit the nail on the head!

Thirteen

Sar said:
The 6/cups in the Archeon always gives me this impression.
Thank you for that explanation. The original question, however, was referring to the RWS deck's 6/Cups.

Tehanu

Thanks for all the replies guys! It really gave me a lot to think about. I think I understand the 6 of cups a lot more now.

And to answer the last Q, yes I was talking about the RWS 6 of cups. I mention it in my OP in fact. I've never even heard of the Archon deck...