DC's Tarot Notes! The Four Suits

LaLaBella

Thanks! I haven't had a chance to really delve into the #'s yet because my job and kids are keeping me busy. I promise that I'll get numbers in here soon. Even if it's one at a time.

Diana

sagitarian

This is so awesome! Look forward to more! I've copied it into my tarot journal that I keep in the computer. Thank you so much DC!

Mimers

DC - This is great what you are doing. Don't feel any pressure, but I can't wait until you get to the numbers! I am looking forward to it. I like the part about the professions also and the weakness/strength part. Thanks for sharing.

Trogon

osami2717 said:
One more question...

When it says Less/Absent and More/Excessive...How can you tell in a reading? Is there a ratio to follow?

Let me test my understanding...I'll use the Celtic Cross as an example, since I use that spread the most [for now]

Hi osami... I'd say don't lock yourself into the actual numbers of each suit too much. Use your best judgement. If you do a CC spread and have 1 cup and 2 of each of the other suits and the rest are majors... you've got fewer cups. Then again, you might have a reading with 5 cups and 1 or 2 of another... excessive cups, but also, absent of the 2... so on. Now what is it everyone keeps saying? Do whatever works best for you...

Kirali

Bumping because this is such an informative thread. I vote for it to be a sticky! :) (Good job Dollchica!! :) )

~X~

Bumping this thread in the interest of those of us studying non-scenic pips.....and anyone else interested in it, of course. :)

Dancing Bear

Thankyou Soooo Much DollChica
your time and effort you put into it all. it has been very informative for me, as a beginer, it is so easy to understand.
The best part of it all is i now have a bettter understanding of the suit itself instead of trying to learn each individual card and there meaning, ( a bit confusing for a beginer) i will learn each and every card in time,at the moment i am getting the feel of it all. you helped no end.
Thanks Again
Dancing Bear

Sigmar

Thank you

Thanks DollChica, I am a newbie and I feel that this will help me greatly!

mahimaisme

gratitude!

DC!!!

thank you!!

i'm in the verrrrrrrrrryyy early stages of learning the tarot and this clarifued what i find most difficult to understand and interpret. thank you!

mahima.

Liannalives

Thank you!

Thank you so much! This is brilliantly helpful.