Ten of Cups

frelkins

Thirteen said:
The image, like all tarot images, is metaphorical, not literal--and we run into real trouble if we let our biases keep us seeing only the literal image instead of the true meaning of that image.

an excellent argument that immediately makes me understand why so many people prefer pips to illustrated minors. what a great thought! thanks, 13.

WalesWoman

What's interesting in this card is the 6 cups on the side where the boy and girl are and 4 Cups on the side the man and woman are... so it seems sort of like a past/present and not liking to lose that familiarity. Like the children are them growing up together, childhood sweethearts and the home is the rainbow, that elusive dream... but he has to go and with it comes the fear of no tomorrows... that it's all somewhere over the rainbow. All good things must come to an end, no matter how hard we cling to them, in order to create a new beginning.

cerulean_lotus

About that strange feeling in the 10 of Cups

moon_shadow said:
I just found a thread discussing about 10C.. someone there mentioned Cups are emotions not situations :) I was forgetting about that for a moment.

Sometimes a 1 card reading can be very powerful and clarifying indeed-especially in terms of emotions. That being said, I recently did a 1 card reading about a guy I met and found very interesting. The only thing about him is he is 36 (I'm younger, but not terribly younger) and he has a 14 year old daughter. I am divorced, no children, and do not desire children. I immediately got that even though we have a strong soul connection, and "cliqued" upon our first meeting, that there are elements of family and the past involved in this emotional situation. The card was an indicator of the insecurity I feel about meeting him again. I would ask myself if-in context to the question you've pulled the card for, does it have anything to do with children from other marriages or relationships and how this affects you or your present relationship with another?