Good Tower/Bad Tower

Aerten

XLCR said:
Ok noticed no one mentioned this one but in a relationship reading the tower has ment "earthshaking" "knock your sox off" sex...anyone else get this?

Jinkies, that's what it meant the first time I drew it! :eek:

Em, and I've never admitted that before. I was so worried when I saw the tower, and little did I know... :joke:

After that particular reading I would have to disagree that the tower indicates a struggle... sometimes it's just taking that leap off that rather confining tower of inhibitions. ;) Now I'll stop before I get too graphic ! :p

Aura Wolf

What an inspiring thread, I wish I had the strength to read all those pages.

To me the tower is yes, most often sudden, dramatic change. It's usually upheaval of some kind, an unwelcome and unexpected event, or occasionally, a good kind of change (really!), but one that nonetheless knocks you off your feet.

~X~

I rather enjoy the Tower card. The idea that change is near and things will never be the same intrigues me. I've never interpreted it as something negative, I think it's perceived that way because human beings feel safe in their comfort zones and automatically dislike change of any kind. The tower conjures up images of losing everything good that has ever happened to us and spiraling down in the depths of despair. The reality is that change is usually not a life and death situation, and we generally have the power to make choices that will lessen any adversity that we can't control.

I believe the Tower is one of the most important cards in the entire deck. We develop our strength and resiliency from change and adversity. We learn how to cope...how to survive. I can't imagine getting anywhere near enlightenment without falling from the tower my fair share of times.

Dr Strangelove

I have to agree with ~X~. The first reading i ever did for myself was a trad. celtic cross and i got the tower as my environment, people around and so forth. This reading spoke volumes to me and gave me an extremely inspired reaction and i think the tower had everything to do with it, as i was in a stagnant situation at the time.

I believe that change is an incredibly important phase, no one likes it when it's on the way, but when you look back it soon makes you realise what you've gained.

Now whenever i see the tower it doesn't necessarily make me wary i just pay more attention to it.

firemaiden

Dead Star said:
What an inspiring thread, I wish I had the strength to read all those pages.

...I'd recommend it...have an apple and a cup of tea, and when you're done with all those pages, there are a few more earthshattering threads on the tower to explore.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

casia

When I give a reading and the tower comes up it usually means change, a deep sudden change. Change is always painful, and is difficult to understand because it is something different in our lives. It makes us go into unknown territory and that is sometimes scary!!!! It throws you off, like in the picture where people are falling from the tower that is being struck by lightning.

sapphir3

My feelings on the Tower is that it signifies a totally life-shaking event that happens...needs to happen...in order to get 'things' back on track. I see it as a card that helps us to be true to ourselves as often the change is one that needs to happen because of self-deception. Honestly, seeing the card in a spread makes me gasp a little because we all know that change can be really painful. However, I don't see it as a negative, because as much as we may not want it at the time, and as unpleasant as it may feel in the here and now, the long-range benefits are so wonderful. After we break down our self-illusions we emerge anew and free to live our lives devoid of the emptiness that comes from lying to ourselves...that is until the next tower needs to be knocked down ;)

poivre

Thanks for bumping up the thread! :)

The bad part of the Tower is change. If you do not
like change or being taken out of your comfort zone or routine
this is not the card for you. But also change helps us to grow
as a person. Sometimes chaos is the only way people will change.

Good part about the Tower, I tell clients that
"misfortunes are blessings in disguise"
Change now may look horrid but in the future when
you look back, you will see it was for your benefit.
A lesson to learn, a time to grow with understanding
to share with others through experiences.

I like this line from MeeWah
"it acts as a beacon of light or knowledge"
This brings some comfort to the shock of change.

mynumerologist

raeanne said:
Anyone have any comments about whether or not you think “positive things” can be Tower events?

Life-altering experiences. Surprises. Shocks. Awakening. Revelation. Liberation. Amazement. Speechless. Awe. Reverence. Divine correction. Astonishment. Astounding. Powerful speaker. Powerful voice. Instantaneous. Sudden. Caution. Electricity. Lightning. Jolt. Spark. Flash. Out of body experiences.

Be careful. Expect the unexpected. Predictably unpredictable. Never say never. All of a sudden. In a flash. In an instant. From out of nowhere. Bolt out of the blue. Shock to the system. A real eye opener. Freedom from the known. In the presence of the divine. Touched by God. A phone call from God.

Jai1216

Oh . . . Tower :)

Just to be fair to the Tower card LOL, any time that I ask about communication and draw the Tower, it's great! The Tower means I will hear from the person very unexpectedly or run into the person like "Boom!" out in public somewhere. I am glad to see the Tower in communication.

My Guides have shown me that (for me) it just means a breakthru; it's up to surrounding cards to determine in what manner.