8 of wands as sexual attraction?

ALST123

berrieh said:
I don't see it as a card of 'deep love' necessarily. Just a card of deep, natural, instant communication on a soul level, which carries with it great potential and connotations for love. ;) Deep passion perhaps. It can be fleeting (and if it is I'm inclined to see it as you write above---short but lovely), but I see no reason to assume it is. It's not one of the cards I'd put a natural time-clock on.

I think we often believe that which comes quickly will leave the same way, but in looking around me, I find that to be a common fallacy.

Exactly, I feel that this is the initial spark which can signify a great, lasting love. You "get" each other, want to speak all the time, discuss each other's outlook on life, aswell as being mutually attracted and having the hots for each other. It is a great card. A good sign for the start of a relationship. And it certainly can lead to longevity.

Aset

Teheuti said:
For me, the 8 of Wands is about an adrenaline rush.

I also see it as the rushing of blood to certain organs ;) Definite sexual attraction.

Cyllah

what about?

What would it mean if you were to get something like 8 of wands with 2 of swords as feelings??? I usually use the second as the clarifier but can't say for sure if I did on this throw... Anyway I had it for about 2 days and still not sure how to feel about it.. Thanks in advance.

Teheuti

What would it mean if you were to get something like 8 of wands with 2 of swords as feelings???
Sounds like frustrated libido to me. Given the situation it could also have to do with being conflicted about whether to follow up on the attraction or not, or there could be two people that one has to decide between.

Empath111

I agree with so many here...I wish there was a "like" button like they have on facebook! LOL Especially "The Rock" posts;)

Anyway, I see this also as intense sexual attraction..I agree with "the zone" type of feeling..it is encompassing and fleeting because of its intensity - alone it just can't go on forever. Not that it will lead to a negative, necessarily. But you know when you start dating and everything is so passionate and hot..then you get to a more comfortable and safe phase..eventually if it is a committed relationship the passion is still there, but not as often as those first months. It just can't stay in the air that whole time! (LOL- pun intended!!) ;) So it may crash..but maybe not "burn"...just get more eve-keeled. I think of it as fast/frenzied/exciting. Like a rush.

The song my Foereigner "Feels like the First time"..sort of reminds me of the 8 of wands;)

Cyllah

Sounds like frustrated libido to me. Given the situation it could also have to do with being conflicted about whether to follow up on the attraction or not, or there could be two people that one has to decide between.

Okay.. I can definitely see this.. and yes also agree that there is an issue of two people coming into play.. alright.. I think I got it, thanks... too bad he probably won't act on it as the other person is very close to him.. =(

Sar

Yes, if the 8 of wands ends with "Dwayne- The Rock- Johnson," then I am a very happy woman right now, awaiting a knock at the door, hehe. ;)

Dwayne has said in an interview that he only became attracted to ordinary women (not holllywood starlets), so you actually have a chance if you two should ever meet. Good luck!

Grigori

One of the traditional divinatory meanings for the 8 of Wands is "a love letter, or declaration". I think from memory Waite records it in The Pictorial Key, coming from Eteilla perhaps.

caridwen

It seems very fitting that I post on three Eight of Wands posts in a row:D

Rushing of blood to certain organs I would associate with the Ace of Wands:p

I sometimes see this card as a doorway, as though the Eights are clearing a path through the air. This card is generally, speed, swiftness, movement. Its 'aim' is positive and Waite describes them (the arrows) as drawing true to their course so it can sometimes mean felicity. The arrows do not miss their target or get blown off course.

Most definitely sexual attraction. Also a fast succession of meetings with the objet du désir or texts or calls. Waite also describes this as the arrows of love so not just sexual attraction but that spark that leads to something more meaningful. It is rapid movement so falling in love quickly, or a an attraction that leads to a quickie then quickly fades.:)

SirRushing

Have any of you ever gotten the 8 of wands as a sexual attraction? If so, how would you characterize it? I would view the 9 of cups for instance as having more of an emotional element (obviously) but also more sensuality. I know that pentacles can be earthy and sensual, but wands are so full of passion and energy, that I am reminded of the initial spark of interest or attraction to another person (the fruition of the relationship might be better represented by a pents or cups card...). The 8 of Wands in particular seems to me, within a certain context of course, like a rather hot (but fleeting or skin-deep) sexual attraction. What do you think? If this were paired, for example, with the 6 of Pents, then you might infer that there is a hot attraction that is opportunistic (get it when you can)... Just one idea (ha!). I'm sure there are many other interesting combinations. I suppose pretty much any card in the deck could have sexual connotations of some sort (even if it suggests the opposite-- platonic-- as with the H.P.), but some seem to come up more often than others... Thoughts?

:)

It is love at first sight, whether good or bad.

Perhaps meeting someone at a place that deals with speed, like an airplane at an airport, a train station, a race track.

I got this card this past week for Romance in my life. What end up happening, I was on a train (8 wands) where a man was physically abusing his girlfriend on the train in front of lots of people, but he didn't care. He was pushing her against the wall, grabbing her by the face, putting his face into her face.

So 8 wands in Romance in my life was dealing with an environment of high speed velocity, which was the train situation where someone pressed the train's emergency button and police board the train to grab him out and frisk him.

And within in the same day, I was jogging (8 wands) early that morning and I hate men who were jogging, walking by me, or taxi drivers in the car honking horns at me, because I had on form fitting fitness outfits and I got a very huge big behind size of a watermelon, so while I was jogging, I was getting cat calls.

I do daily spreads, so 8 wands was the card for me on that day in regards to my romantic life.