Knight of Cups as a Proposal?

Sinduction

I would say the he will definitely be offering her something. That knight is looking to give his cup away. Whether it's a marriage proposal would depend on the surrounding cards.

The cards I saw before my engagement were two courts with the hierophant in between.

I don't think one can predict a proposal with a single card.

Adjustment

I see the knigh of cups as the love them and leave them type very loving and romantic, but not ready for commitment.

balenciaga

KN Cups - could also represent her "wanting" him to, or that he wants to. Since it is cups, I too would want to see more solid cards that move beyond wanting or desiring.

rcb30872

Possibly, but I would be more inclined to say the King of Cups for that.

WalesWoman

I think the Knight might be all the romantic date stuff, but wouldn't have what it takes to make that kind of commitment... unless some other card, like the Knight Swords goosed his horse and it jumped into the water, otherwise, he'd never quite get up the gumption to take the plunge.

I think the Knight is more comfortable with the fantasy of love, rather than dealing with the blood and guts of the real thing.

le fey

That's a really good way of putting it - the Knight is in love with the idea of love.

I remember I guy I knew years ago who was very eager to get married. Period... who he married was totally secondary to the notion of being married at all. (I see that more often with some young women, but in this case, this guy was total romantic, at least in theory).

At one point, he was burning through women at a very fast pace because he'd leap straight from hello to proposal and the more thoughtful ones quite sensibly backed off. In the mean time, a few of them were predatory enough to really take advantaged of his singleminded willingness to commit to anyone who'd stand still long enough to let him. After witnessing this, a group of us actually did a sort of compassionate confrontation and sat him down with some 'rules' to follow - like before he proposed he had to go out so many times, introduce prospective women to us (his group of friends), find out a scavenger hunt assortment of information about them (favorite pet as a kid, etc... all the stuff you'd find out over time actually getting to know someone), etc.

Kudos to him, he actually changed his approach until it felt more natural and when he did marry it was after a year long courtship and they've been together for about 17 years now.

But when he was doing his Knight of Cups thing? Proposals were easy. Having the necessary thoughtfulness to actual make them a good proposition was another thing entirely. It took taking the focus off of the concept of love and onto the person as an individual.

Sinduction

Wow I used to know that guy. Gave me a ring after our first date, I was 16. I ran....... Then I bumped into him when I was in my 20s. Went out with him once and the behavior was the same. So I ran again.

I don't know that I would say the Knight is a "love 'em an leave 'em." I see him more as the guy with a guitar and every song is about the girl who left him. Or the poet that just can't break free from the pain.

He's offering his cup, but the cup is different things. It could be love, it could be physical, but he is a cup. So there is some emotion there. I would see the Knight of Wands as the "love 'em and leave 'em." Watch out for his stick! :D