Orgy of buying new decks

Metafizzypop

I went through a period of time where I was buying a lot of tarot decks. But eventually I slowed down, like way down. And the reason for that is because I just began to run out of room. That kind of drove home the fact that I had enough. In fact, right now I have more decks than I have questions to ask the decks.

I still buy the occasional tarot or oracle, but it's just once in a while.

ivanna

I used to buy all my decks on amazon and bookdepo, also books related to tarot. I deleted my credit card details in order to avoid compulsive purchases. Is really quick and easy to spend money when you have all ready and you just have to make click once.
I also do not visit the subforum "tarot decks", nor the de-enabligh thread, as I am stubborn, and don't mind what others say about a deck, if it likes me, I want it.
Since I made all this, I purchased just one deck I liked so much, but I stopped buying compulsive.

I really don't need any other deck, I have enough decks to continue studing, and as I am not a collector, I do not have any justification to get new decks.

flipperjane

Morning everybody

Thanks for all your lovely replies. Another 2 decks arrived this morning and that is it - finished - no more

except....

but.....

maybe.....

No No NO.

Seriously there are a couple that I really do want but are long out of print and terribly expensive so until I can find unusual or rare decks I am going to enjoy what I have and rein it in.

Ica'rus

I bought Under the Roses Lenormand last night. Not quite tarot, but the compulsion continues haha!

foolMoon

I had been going through time of buying 2 -3 decks a day back in this spring to early summer, but now that time is gone. I am happy with what I have. Using 2 to 3 different decks a day rotating them with other decks time to time. Great fun.

Aranel

I'm going through it right now. Got to be at least 10 decks (tarot and oracle plus 1 Lenormand ) ordered this week.

The one I've ordered tonight is the last one until the end of October. I am not allowed anymore. And I've decided that I'm only allowed to buy decks in October as long as I haven't had any cigarettes between now and then. And any packs of cigarettes I buy add another 2 months onto when I can next buy a deck.

Now the only thing is to figure out how to make my amazon account know if I've smoked or not.

Ica'rus

I haven't even received Under The Roses yet and I'm trying to stop myself from buying The Revolution Lenormand. =*( That and about 2 or 3 different tarot decks I found on etsy, and some beautiful wooden runes.

*meep*

Celtictarot

I am normally quite good. But I have been buying the decks on my wishlist. I just have the pre - order of the Beautiful Creatures Tarot, and a Lenormand book and a self published Canadian oracle deck to get.

The bloomin' publishers don't help publishing a few at a time either! I have to hide the fact I am tarot reader from my family as well, so I get what I connect with (or think I do as I have sold and swapped loads of decks).