Education with Tarot necessary?

tarotbear

I think you need to have a background in something - and then apply Tarot to it - not the other way around.

You can earn a certificate or degree in counselling, psychology, Reiki, flipping burgers, etc., etc., - and then apply Tarot to what it is you already know. Owning a pack of cardboard Tarot cards is not going to give you accreditation or therapeutic credentials ... or make people believe that you have them.

ravenest

Oooo ... thanks! You just inspired me for an overdue change in my Custom User Title.

esspeet

I like studying at the college of life. It's working out pretty well so far. :)

Disa

Well, I do have my life coach certification, but life coaching is nothing at all like reading tarot. I would not use cards in a life coach session. To me it's a totally separate thing. I also have studied online and at the local metaphysical shops lots of different metaphysical topics-none of that has made me a better tarot reader. Nothing but study and practice has made me a better reader and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface.

I think the really good readers are really good readers because they read the cards. They have experience, they have studied, they trust their intuition, etc. All the Tarot certificates in the world will not mean you are a better reader. ( I do think taking Tarot related classes, studying here and online will enhance your skills, but just getting a certificate is not going to do it)

The suggestion of the minister's ordination and using tarot as part of a spiritual practice I can agree with. I can also do Reiki, spiritual life coaching, and whatever other spiritual things I feel called to do.

I guess in a roundabout way I'm saying, get educated in whatever interests you, it all works together and can enhance your understanding of things, but keep reading to be a better reader.

kalopaidi

I know what to do, topic can be closed. Thanks

Well, I do have my life coach certification, but life coaching is nothing at all like reading tarot. I would not use cards in a life coach session. To me it's a totally separate thing. I also have studied online and at the local metaphysical shops lots of different metaphysical topics-none of that has made me a better tarot reader. Nothing but study and practice has made me a better reader and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface.

I think the really good readers are really good readers because they read the cards. They have experience, they have studied, they trust their intuition, etc. All the Tarot certificates in the world will not mean you are a better reader. ( I do think taking Tarot related classes, studying here and online will enhance your skills, but just getting a certificate is not going to do it)

The suggestion of the minister's ordination and using tarot as part of a spiritual practice I can agree with. I can also do Reiki, spiritual life coaching, and whatever other spiritual things I feel called to do.

I guess in a roundabout way I'm saying, get educated in whatever interests you, it all works together and can enhance your understanding of things, but keep reading to be a better reader.

Thanks Disa, even though I already came to some sort of conclusion (end of page 1) your answer was also particularly helpful. It confirms my intuitive feeling of what to do and what not to do and my rationalization on what to read/study/use et cetera besides the university of life and a lot of practice in tarot.

This topic can be closed, a far as I'm concerned! Thank you all.