"Hanged Man" as "Who"?

meginmd

I understood most of the rest of the "Wish come true" spread, but the "who will this be with" card--The Hanged Man--stumped me.

The card is one of being at a crossroads. Does that mean that the "who" in this spread is someone that is confused? Or perhaps that he's going to have to give something up?

It just seems out of place.

afrosaxon

The Hanged Man is about waiting, seeing things from a different perspective, and sacrificing the ego for the greater good.

In this position, the card may be literally telling you to WAIT...and sacrifice wanting to be with someone (which is ego-based) for the greater good (which is working on yourself so that you can see things from a different, healthier perspective and then, when you are ready, WAIT for that person to come to you...not you chase them down and attempt to nail them to the wall. :D).

Just my $.02.

T.

meginmd

Well, pfft.
(though it is funny that the music on my iPod shuffled right to "It Won't Be Long"!
How will I even know that person will ever come to me?

Thirteen

meginmd said:
I understood most of the rest of the "Wish come true" spread, but the "who will this be with" card--The Hanged Man--stumped me.
I see two possibilities if we accept that this is an actual someone: (1) The hanged man sees things from a very different perspective than most, so he may seem distant and strange, and he certainly won't be seeing things the way most people do. (2) He might be someone who you know very well and haven't given a second look at. But if you change your perspective, he'll suddenly be very obvious. So it may be that you simply need to turn the people you know up-side-down and look at them differently to find out who this is.

meginmd

Thirteen, do you watch House? :)

So I have a lot of options here!
I wonder which one is the one that applies here.

nisaba

I see the Hanged Man as answering the question of "who" with not "James Smith of 54 Nirvana St Long Jetty, but with

"wait a while, even if you think it's frustrating. You'll know when the time is right."

meginmd

Aw, but I had my heart set on James Smith :-(

I don't even have any prospects at this time.

nisaba

meginmd said:
Aw, but I had my heart set on James Smith :-(

I don't even have any prospects at this time.
So the Hanged Man was the perfect answer. Do as he advises. Kick back, relax, and don't be so intense. You'll know when the time is right.

meginmd

Yeah...There are lots of things--none pleasant--that I could say to the "Wait" answer.

nisaba

Well ... <splutter> ... go out right now and get involved with exactly the wrong person and have a thoroughly miserable time ... see if I care! <smile>

Actually, I do care. And so does Tarot, hence the advice to wait for the right one rather than set yourself on a course for unhappiness.