"A Method of Divination by the Tarot"

firecatpickles

In The Book of T, shown in the link, is there a typo under the heading "First Operation," item 4:

"Find the Significator. It be in the HB:Y pack, the question refers to work, business, etc.; if in the HB:H pack, to love, marriage, or pleasure; if in the HB:H pack, to money, goods, and such purely material matters?"​

In the הוהי cut, should the boldfaced typeset, quoted above, have read, "HB:V," Vau instead of Heh?

If it should not have read thus, then this must mean that the Vau pack (second to last from right to left) isn't included in said Significator search, yes?

KK

MikeTheAltarboy

It would seem to be a typo. My Crowley gives:
Y: Work, business, etc.
H: Love, marriage, or pleasure
V: Trouble, loss, scandal, quarrelling, etc.
H: Money, goods, and purely material matters.

In Book T as Regardie published it, a slightly different assignment is made:
Y: Energy and Strife
H: Love and Pleasure
V: Sickness and Trouble
H: Business and Money.

manda78

counting

Have you been able to figure out the "counting" part after you find the significator in the piles? I will try to find the quote if you need me too. I think after cutting the piles to the left you just search from the right,labeling each as they lay, if you know what I mean.

firecatpickles

I don't undetstand the counting part at all.

KK

manda78

yeah

me either....i thought about it for nearly an hour before deciding i would come back to it later, but i love the whole idea of if one part fails, you should stop the reading, the way they put it is that is allows the cards to avoid being "abused" lol
Manda, still reading despite the "abuse warning" :D

Psychebleu

Mike has answered the question...

It seems Vau was just left out on accident. Vau is air/sword so does not refer to business or money matters.

What about the counting is confusing you? Either way, it's a very tedious way to read. The point of the significator is only to find the relevant topic/issue, and to help you know in which directon to count. Actually, I've read starting with the top card (of pile), counting as direct by significator. It becomes annoying to count and keep the cards in place, so as I count, I remove the cards and set them aside in order. It helps me to avoid a headache. :D

MikeTheAltarboy

hehehe. I only think counting is onerous in the 4th operation, which is *absolutely* too big.
The other operations don't involve that many cards anyway.

manda78

Lol

could one of you two who understand the counting please explain it? book t just says "count" not specifics....loses me everytime!
Manda

Psychebleu

edited