Two of wands?

afrosaxon

Thirteen said:
I'm very much in agreement with Artemis and casia. I think the important thing is that although the 2/Wands signals a choice, it usually signals one that involves the gut rather than the head. Passion rather than reason. Which means that, as Casia said, the person probably has already made up their mind. And they've made up their mind to go with their gut desire rather than with what might be wise or practical or even right. Because the choice that the person is making has to be, as Artemis said, something they can put their passion and full focus into. They can't afford to split that passion/focus.

So even though they may be pretending to ask people for advice, weighing their options and all the rest...they know what they're going to do, and in the end, nothing anyone else says is likely to change their mind.

This ties in with the interpretation of the 2 of Fire in the Gaian Oracle, which depicts a man and a woman both breathing around wands tipped in flame.

Here's the image: http://www.gaiantarot.com/minors/twos.html#fire

Good stuff!

elvenstar

afrosaxon said:
The card is usually interpreted to mean imposing your will upon another (using your will to bring change upon another), for good or bad. Basically, MAKING someone do what you want them to do, whether they like it or not.

This could be interpreted as dominance or calling the shots.
Also in the Thoth this card is called Dominion and refers to the expression of Will the way I understand it. In a more negative context it could be domineering and imposing your will on someone else.

mariaalaina

thank you all for your insight. I really enjoyed the two of fire tarot card, it helped me understand by looking at the picture, as well as he gilded two of wands as well

Sagefire

Just got this card in a position as, "How I can help things." so to speak. I've never really gotten the energy behind this card (and the three of wands)...so let me just spew a little bit here, hope reviving a thread is not a problem. :D

Now this reading was regarding a friend whom I'm worried about and who isn't telling me everything. I kinda interpreted it as I can help him weigh what his motivations and what he can do about them. Now, my boyfriend is learning to contact juggle, and when it comes to juggling you drop the balls A LOT. I have the Lo Scarabeo deck and it shows a fellow holding a large sphere in one hand, and nothing in the other. I made this connection, sphere = juggling ball. This guy looks like he's at the point where's he just about to throw the ball up in the air, but what will happen? He doesn't know. He could drop the ball and it could make a horrific noise and break, but chances are equally great he could catch the ball and the trick could be pulled off successfully.

I thought the analogy was simple and elegant, and that I had to share. Often times we are in places where the only move we can make is forward. Most of the time we have a lot to lose. In these situations, we can only throw ourselves on the line and hope everything works out well. If it does then we have learned a valuable lesson about our ability, if not then we practice and try to learn the lesson again... Thanks for reading :heart::heart:

PS (Eta): Anyone who has ever seen The Girl Next Door will recognize this speech, "You risk it all, you put her in front of everything, your future, your life, all of it. And maybe the stuff you do to help her isn't so clean. You know what? It doesn't matter. Because in your heart you know, that the juice is worth the squeeze." Always know that the juice is worth the squeeze. :)