The knights are unaware of your presence, but the horses look afraid

magician

zodiac associations of knights

HI
this is for those who are looking at the zodiac associations of knights .

Knight of wands . He represents the fiery part of fire. Nov 13 till December 12.
Knight of cups . He represents thef iery part of water.February 9 till March 10.
Knight of swords . He represents teh fiery part if Air.May 11 till June 11.
Knight of Pentacles./Disks He represents the fiery part of earth. August 12 ill September 11.
This also helps in divnation. All the court cards are not one sign , they take portion of other sign. A s you can see that Knight ofdisks is not all the way Leo or ,he is bit of both.
good luck
magician

Lillie

Part of the reason is that Harris disliked drawing human faces.
She avoided it when she could.
As is quite obvious when looking at the deck.

Presumably she didn't mind doing horses.

Now, I like this about the deck.
I like the lack of human faces.
And I like the horses.

But I suppose it's not to everyones taste.

AbstractConcept

I think the horses are among the most distinctive figures in the Thoth deck. Particularly representative of their suits. Flowing and graceful for the Knight of Cups, clydesdale-esque for the workhorse Knight of Disks etc.

Last night when I first read this thread I opened it up wile listening to Patti Smith. funny how the universe works. :)

ravenest

Lillie said:
Part of the reason is that Harris disliked drawing human faces.
She avoided it when she could.
As is quite obvious when looking at the deck.

Presumably she didn't mind doing horses.

Now, I like this about the deck.
I like the lack of human faces.
And I like the horses.

But I suppose it's not to everyones taste.

Well, you can trust a horse a whole lot more than you can a human. :laugh:

But really, what buisness do we have with a knight? No wonder they don't 'look' at us. They are far too busy getting on with their own thing.
The horses relate more to us.

The Knights are our ideal and stimulating principle ... a bit elusive at times.

The horses are the vehicles and tools the knight uses. We need to concentrate on the tools to get where we want to go. The Will to go, as represented by the Knight is a much higher aspect. It will initially stimulate you but then you have to get on with the horse stuff ... ie. finding a way to make it happen

Babylon_Jasmine

Aloft said:
Then he'd be quite daft! Surrounded by a field of ripe grain. :)

That sounds like the knight of disks to me.

little_darlinn

Knight of Disks

I'm new, and I tend to take the def a little to literal. I'm teaching myself to look beyond the quick meaning. To me, the Knight of Disks seems to be meditating before the battle, or after, and he's radiating a sense of calm energy from a relaxed pose. They, the horse and knight, are calm and assured, looking towards the mountain, like he's preparing himself for the climb, but isn't worried about it very much, not expecting trouble, but preparing for it just in case. The horse and knight are surrounded by fertile, abundant shafts of wheat, and I'm not too sure what they would mean. But I don't know, i'm just a noob. lol Hope I don't sound too far off the mark. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Knight Of Cups

What does the peacock mean in the close up of the Knights "wings?" It is a closeup isn't it? Also, why is the peacock pale...or is he invisible?

Firemaiden...My favorite is the knight of cups with his blue angel wings and billowing blue waves surrounding him made of peacocks!!

Also, the horses hoofs are shaped like hearts. I've never noticed that before.
This Knight has his toes inward. Not a good thing with armor, for the horse!

Speaking of horse...that horse of his has an onery twinkle in his eye and its almost as he is smiling. Or am I on drunk and don't know it? :laugh:

:neutral:Barb

frelkins

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
What does the peacock mean in the close up of the Knights "wings?" It is a closeup isn't it? Also, why is the peacock pale...or is he invisible?

Hey Barb! Peacocks have a long symbology. For early Christians the "eyes" in the feathers stood for the all-seeing eyes of God and immortality; the Sufis see peacocks as a symbol of God's mercy, as do the Chinese; the Zorastorians as a sign of eternal life; Sunni Muslims believe peacocks sit at the gates of heaven; some Hindu goddesses ride peacocks as their sacred mounts; some Buddhist paintings use them to symbolize openness to the teaching, the peacocks gathered to hear Buddha teach. Of course later in the West we see peacocks as pride and vanity.

In the poems of the medieval troubadors, the peacock was said to die of grief if its mate did. Since Crowley was himself a poet and the Kn Cups is kind of a Romeo, I think it is this aspect he has mind. The peacock is "see-through" to show Crowley means a spiritual love. Altho' Crowley himself was pretty physical in all that, actually. . .wasn't he? ;)