What's your fav Crowley quip?

ravenest

I'll start.

It was a response to a very technical question about magick a student (?) wrote to A.C. Answer :

"You need to do more gardening and less magick."

(.... and I have been :) )

Lillie

'You just stay there while I get the goat....'

'Go on Raoul, Drink up.'

And others

MareSaturni

'I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner.'

ravenest

When asked what he thought about Jesus"

"I hold the poor fellow totally innocent of the terrible religion that was foisted upon him posthemously."

mac22

“I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.”

mac22

Rosanne

Well I think he should have put down his pen.........

To me a book is a message from the gods to mankind; or, if not, should never be published at all.

ravenest

"What you need, in the way of a Guru, is some fat, greasy Swami, who would not allow you to enter or leave his presence without permission, or address him without being formally invited to do so. "

Grigori

For some reason this struck my as particularly hilarious recently

Even the smallest baby is incompatible with the virginity of its mother

Greywoolfe

My personal favourite is his quote to the Sunday express following the 1934 libel trial:

'If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
and treat those two impostors just the same...

Crowley will most certainly appeal.'

Scion

Crowley comparing Xianity to Magick:

"We place no reliance
On virgin or pigeon;
Our Method is Science,
Our Aim is Religion."

Or else:

"To the eyes of a god, mankind must appear as a species of bacteria which multiply and become progressively virulent whenever they find themselves in a congenial culture, and whose activity diminishes until they disappear completely as soon as proper measures are taken to sterilise them."