Is "influenced" unique to the Thoth?

zipporah

In the little white pamphlet that came with the deck, it says the cards mean one thing, then another if they're "influenced." i'm a newbie and don't understand what influenced means. Is it unique to the Thoth or is that for Tarot in general?

Abrac

I'm not that familiar with the Thoth booklet so this is just a guess. Normally, when you do a reading, the 'influence' of other cards in the spread are taken into account, unless it's a one card draw. :laugh: The cards closer to each other have more of an 'inluence' on each other. Does that seem to make sense?

zipporah

How do they influence each other? Do some make other stronger? Do some make others weaker? Do any cancel each other out? How does one know?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Elements and influences

The cards influence each other. As in Water up against fire, will put it out. But air up against fire can cause the fire to get hotter. Which are just a couple of them.

There are many Thoth threads, on the AT. So keep doing searches till you find just the Thoth. Its an awesome deck.

BTW, welcome!
I have a cousin from Oklahoma nicknamed Zippy. I like your name!

Barb

ps...I don't think Crowley cares one iota if you read with his cards or not. Ole Uncle Al just enjoyed having all kinds of fun. })