Legend: The Arthurian Tarot Index

Lyones

{{{{David}}}}

You are doing such a great job with this index. Thank you SO much.

Sophie-David

Added Subtitles to Legend Index

I'm not sure why I left them out originally, but I just added all the subtitles to the cards in the index. I think it will help me to see how the characters interweave between the stories. I was doing a reading for my wife last night, and it was intriguing how the Celtic Cross worked with the card stories to tell an overall story in which particular characters wove in and out.

Anna-Marie's use of characters is by no means linear, for example each suit doesn't follow a particular story from beginning to end. But this flexibility allows for some interesting connections between cards that we might not otherwise see as related. For example, the Three of Shields, The Homespun Tunic, with its expression of feminine practical artistry connects to the Ace of Swords, Sword of Strange Hangings, also restored by feminine power. The Hangings for the Ace of Swords relate this card to the Queen of Spears, Dindrane, who mended them with her own hair. When all three cards show up in a spread, as they did, they can be saying something specific about the efficacy of feminine healing energy.

After we have all the cards entered, it would be interesting to somehow follow each character completely through the deck.

snowy25

Sophie-David

Before your post I wondered why there were carts missing in the index.
Now I know and me being so picky about having to read all of the cards one by one felt an obligation to add them.
I realy love the quicknes in your updates and wanted you to know I've done the Justes card so a gap is filled.
Here's the link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=38051

Love to see more of your and the other posters insights.

Snowy

Sophie-David

Hi Snowy

Its great to see the blanks in the sequence being filled in. I'm sure folks will add to the new threads on Justice and the Hanged Man shortly.

We didn't originally enter the cards in order because we just wanted to write about whichever card was important to us at the time. Then we would mull over a particular card for a while, adding more and more information. As one person brings out something new, then another responds and the thread keeps building.

I did go through the deck one card a night starting from the Majors and just ending last week with the King of Shields. But I couldn't have spared the time to make a new thread each day for each new card.

Thank you for all your work so far. After a while I think we got used to how each person in the group would respond to a new card - its wonderful to have an additional person with fresh ideas. Of course its also great to have the continuity of the original Legendaries too! :)

Cheers
David

snowy25

Sophie-David

Hi again.

I just love the cards and hoping to see more of the threads made by you all.
So far I realy enjoy particepating in this study group knowing that learning the deck together with others is much more fun then doing it alone.
(One of the reasons I joined AT)
I just can't wait to see the threads that are on the other cards.

Snowy

WalesWoman

Ok, David has done such a great job getting this all together. I'm going to try to post the images of the cards, as soon as a new thread comes up. It's mostly for my own convenience since half the time my deck is upstairs and I'm too lazy to run up and sort through my deck to find the one we're talking about, hope it works for all of you.

I wish I could do them bigger...I'll work on that.

snowy25

WalesWoman said:
Ok, David has done such a great job getting this all together. I'm going to try to post the images of the cards, as soon as a new thread comes up. It's mostly for my own convenience since half the time my deck is upstairs and I'm too lazy to run up and sort through my deck to find the one we're talking about, hope it works for all of you.

I wish I could do them bigger...I'll work on that.

I've noticed you did a great job scanning and posting the images.
I don't have a scanner or printer but it will save a lot of time for all of us to run to the deck during a conversation/ post.

Love and light

Snowy25

Lyones

Thanks for posting the images WW :D

Love

Namaste

Thanks, Sophie-David, for this incredible index. I am thinking of revisiting this deck, since I have just purchased the accompanying book. :)

Sophie-David

Hi Namaste

Thank you. It has been a very special journey with some really talented people. It would be wonderful to have your input too!

I remember you sent me a nice PM shortly after you reactivated your membership and I replied with my usual multi-page thesis. I must have scared you off - sorry about that.:)

Cheers
David