Stuck On A Desert Island: You Can Only Choose One Oracle

Le Fanu

Probably the Playing Card Oracles. Like someone else said, good for doubling up for solitaire / patience and - who knows - you may be able to play Snap with a friendly gorilla or something.

I would just hate to be stuck with an Oracle deck which had cards like "Party", "Conversation", "company", "trip to the City".

What a waste!

Amary

This is embarrassing, but I would totally take Grail Code. I love that oracle, it's given me the best readings out of all of my decks.

My second deck isn't precisely an oracle; it's my Buddha Discovery Cards. Hey, if I'm on an island alone, I might as well introspect.

shadowdancer

interesting to pose this question with oracle decks... seen it a few times in different forms with tarot decks.

I guess I would say my Medicine cards. Just lovely energy and feel to them, and wonderful story telling with the accompanying book

Davina

hunter

I've been giving this so much thought. So much of my confusion, anger and sadness focus on my relationships with other people. My favorite oracle and tarots are those that help me navigate my relationships and the fallout from the actions of others.

Other than my recent attempts at spells and rituals my readings have been pretty codependent even though I have made huge attempts not to let them be. I never read about anyone else and assume every card is about me, except card 8 what surrounds you, in a Celtic Cross.

But my life is circling around others. I talk all the time about how I am doing better about that, but it remains true that I am not in charge of my life. my readings often point that out.

I was thinking maybe that Sonia Choquette's "Ask Your Guides" might be a deck that just focuses on self and interacting with the divine. Does it?

What decks really focus on self and our interaction with the divine?

And then there is game playing. Which decks have suits to play solitaire and other solitary games with?

I feel a real need to do some serious self work right now. maybe this should be a new thread?

Chronata

I thought this would be harder, considering how many I own and love.

But in a heartbeat..

Morgan's Tarot

and as a backup...Madame Endora

Why these two particular ones?

Because the Morgan would feed me spiritually, as no other deck does. It can be incredibly deep, or light and literal. Gotta love that.

And Endora is just the perfect all around oracle for information of what's going on.

I thought I would include the Faeries...but realized they would probably be with me anyway. They like islands! Even the desert ones.

I wouldn't really need the deck to see them.

lark

Hands down my Froud's Faeries...and they would want to take their oracle deck...The Fantod Pack.
So that would leave me not much to do while the Faeries are using their oracle...
I thought maybe the Ocean Oracle..but then I thought no...I could just find sea shells and make my own oracle.
So I think I would take as a second oracle my Celtic Shaman Pack...I'd be missing my Greenwood so much it would be a comfort to have that one with me.

Grizabella

I think I'd take the Tea Leaf cards and then one of my Lenormands, provided I could also take the books.

hunter

You have all been talking about the worn path and hidden path oracles. How would they do for the the type of issues likely to come up when alone and in danger?

The decriptions mention using them in rituals. I would think ritual making would be an important aspect of living alone and in danger.

Onyx

I would come close to choosing Froud's Faerie Oracle as well but I don't think that would be my choice. Playing Cards would be cheating as I don't really read with them and I think I would prefer solitary over readings anyway.

As an oracle deck to choose my first and favorite is the Dream Inspirational Cards. I love the art and the concept. The deck lends itself to storytelling best for me which would be most important to entertain myself until rescued or I died.

Onyx.

Morwenna

If the Well-Worn Path and Hidden Path were combined, as the authors suggest, that would be the one deck for me (but first I have to get a copy of WWP!). Backup would be the Goddess Oracle (Marashinsky).