TOADies Anonymous.

Booklioness

I broke my fast and bought a deck last week.

It was terribly naughty but it was a planned purchase, I saved a fortune on shipping and customs as it was in the UK, aaand my dentist bill was about £550 less than I was expecting. So yes, very bad Scarlet but I shan't flog myself too hard over it.

Thankfully I'm thilled with it and it has even rekindled my love for some of my old favourites. Fingers crossed I can behave myself for the rest of the year. There's ONE tarot deck and ONE oracle I'm allowed between August and December but that's the lot.

To the naughty corner with you! ;)

CharlotteK

Just a brief stop by to say a quick hello to everyone, well done and keep it up, before I run out of the door so I don't have to confess what a dreadfully bad TOADie I have been. 🙄

Booklioness

Just a brief stop by to say a quick hello to everyone, well done and keep it up, before I run out of the door so I don't have to confess what a dreadfully bad TOADie I have been. 🙄

*gasp*

Carojulie

Everything I ordered in my mini binge has arrived. So I too fellow TOADies have once again steeled my resolve and girded my loins against the dark night of temptation, craving and smartphone weakness. The battle is not over.

I too had a recent binge, and I must be honest, it was GREAT! I appreciate new decks more when I buy them less frequently, and am more thoughtful about what I buy. I still could be a little more selective, but I'm getting there.

My recent spree presented me with 15 new decks for a bargain price.
Well, not really new. They have been worked with.
When the seller offered to add two more decks, I had the notion of giving one of mine to him in return. It was so strong an impulse, I could not fight it.
They now belong to a magician, and he offered me free tickets to see the trick he wants to do with them :party:

I broke my fast and bought a deck last week.

It was terribly naughty but it was a planned purchase, I saved a fortune on shipping and customs as it was in the UK, aaand my dentist bill was about £550 less than I was expecting. So yes, very bad Scarlet but I shan't flog myself too hard over it.

Thankfully I'm thilled with it and it has even rekindled my love for some of my old favourites. Fingers crossed I can behave myself for the rest of the year. There's ONE tarot deck and ONE oracle I'm allowed between August and December but that's the lot.

SIGHT........
I have tried, tried to be brave, and actually managed to be clean for several weeks.... and last week and weekend, I do not know what took me, the Devil maybe.... it was like I was discovering ebay all over again. I had been resisting ebay for a whole year, friends, believe me ! and I do not know what occured, but suddenly I opened ebay and there were decks that have been on my wishlist for so long (I am burning to type the titles and artist, but I do not because it is against TOADies rules), springing everywhere on ebay, jumping up and down to get my attention, waving at me..... So I got them, several of them (not all of them, I manage to rein in... but the ones I did not get are still on my watch list on ebay and still waving enthusiasticaly at me). In the course of one hour I ruined MONTHS of Toadi efforts.
AND, as if it was not enough, today I got a backup copy of one of my fav decks (why why why ? anxious me, why do I need a backup copy to make me feel better ? Allo Dr Freud, what is wrong with me ?)
So I am bending my head, and pityfully going over to the naughty corner (taking with me my brand new decks in my feverish trembling hands, so I know that even if I have to stand for a long time in the naughty corner, time will pass fast in the company of my new little treasures)

CharlotteK

Ok fellow Tarot hoarders, let's not beat ourselves up over decisions we made and the things we did. We did not harm anyone :) :) :) We acquire decks because we love Tarot and beautiful decks give us lots of pleasure. Plus I think I am not spending £20 every 2 or 3 weeks on a fancy manicure (I have friends who do!). Decks are MUCH better value for money :) :) :)

ETA: I'm not advocating or enabling here btw, I am a BAD TOADie and I need a period of abstinence. But we should be kind to ourselves 😘

readings.by.mia

I am commited to not buying any deck until August. In the course of three weeks, I have spent over $250 in decks. This needs to stop.

CharlotteK

I am commited to not buying any deck until August. In the course of three weeks, I have spent over $250 in decks. This needs to stop.
You have come to the right place. All of us have had wild holidays in 'Binge-land' and have come back penniless and hungover. No judgement here, and if you really want to stay sober until August you'll get lots of support to stay on the Wagon!!

csmith0406

Hello my fellow TOADIEs, I hope to see you all over at Cartomancy or where ever people end up. But if not, thank you for your posts, and your help allowing me to be more thoughtful about my purchases.

ram

Ok fellow Tarot hoarders, let's not beat ourselves up over decisions we made and the things we did. We did not harm anyone :) :) :) We acquire decks because we love Tarot and beautiful decks give us lots of pleasure. Plus I think I am not spending £20 every 2 or 3 weeks on a fancy manicure (I have friends who do!). Decks are MUCH better value for money :) :) :)

ETA: I'm not advocating or enabling here btw, I am a BAD TOADie and I need a period of abstinence. But we should be kind to ourselves [emoji8]

CharlotteK I just took a test to see if I am high-maintenance. Tarot and the occasional book are my only deviations from food, shelter, power, water, transportation and care for my companion Dog. I guess I'm trying to make myself feel better.

I find out about most of the decks I wouldn't normally purchase, here. So the one good thing is maybe I'll save financially.

Something in your post made me want to tell you plus I love your name!

G6

Well, the trade section shutting down will be helpful to my wallet! I guess there's a silver lining to every situation, lol!

✌🏻🙏🏻❤️🤓

G6