Correlation on Tarot of the III Millennium

darwinia

Ooooh, how scary is this, the larger creature on the Knight of Cups on Tarot III bears a remarkable, if slightly less menacing resemblance, to Luathas the Wild in the Faeries oracle by Brian Froud.

It's a fact!!

Much talk has occurred about the web addresses on these cards and how they aren't operational. It's quite obvious to me that they never were real web sites, but are merely a third millennium literary device for tying the theme of the deck together.

Kind of like me creating a web site to tie in with my interests:

http://www.freesiaskyskrying.com
http://www.chrysocollakid.on.ca
http://www.pookacolours.com

The way the pictures fit together in a larger puzzle (also a device that ties in with the main theme) is guaranteed to induce irrational rages and frustration. It fits together, but the small white borders on the cards prevent the full picture from appearing, they overlap quite a bit, and the cards will slip (don't you love laminate that slips?). As a meditative/connective exercise it will certainly familiarize you with the cards, but you might end up a tad short-tempered when your cat starts crying for supper and be tempted to shout at the dog.

"Sparky, you're in my way and making these darn cats cry!!" you shout as Sparky looks at cat #1 and rolls his eyes and paws his ear in a circular motion. You then storm out to the living room, and Sparky handily surfs the counter and cadges the two fresh bagels that you bought for lunch tomorrow. A green lizard-like creature then jumps down from the fridge......oh where was I.

In summation, I love it. The Star card is still my favourite--best card I've ever seen for that. I have similar feelings about the Hierophant card too. I would love a copy of the original Majors-only deck with its larger cards.

jmd

... I seem to have problems with each of your links... none of them work :(

darwinia

jmd said:
... I seem to have problems with each of your links... none of them work :(

Isn't it annoying? How fast the Web changes.

Such a shame too, that Pooka Colours page was the bees.

Liliana

to the border thing, there is a solutin, "modify" the deck and chop them off, all the hip people in the tarot world are chopping off borders, now you can too ;)

:THP

darwinia

Liliana said:
to the border thing, there is a solutin, "modify" the deck and chop them off, all the hip people in the tarot world are chopping off borders, now you can too ;)

:THP

I'm not hip though. The last trend I followed was for mood rings.

"Hip" being one of those terms that is entirely subjective. (cough)

J. Nerd
Yes, I was the one who was never chosen for baseball teams or asked to parties and proms. However, I did manage to discover the secret rites in Dell crossword puzzles.

Umbrae

Tarot for the III Millennium

Recently I was visiting a friend and she handed me a Tarot for the III Millennium. I had seen pictures, but had not seen the deck yet. I remember reading an interview of Riccardo from Lo Scarabeo someplace where he discussed the deck.

So when my friend handed me the Tarot for the III Millennium. I looked at it - unimpressed. I set it down.

I picked it up a few minutes later, and took more time with it.

I picked it up a few minutes later and spent a lot of time with it.

I love the deck! It is wonderful.

As a reading deck, it's impressive. As a study deck it's wonderful.

I actually read the LWB…it’s not to be missed.

Umbrae

Interview with Lo Scarabeo's Riccardo Minetti is here.

Khatruman

Re: Tarot for the III Millennium

Umbrae said:
I actually read the LWB…it’s not to be missed.
*Gasps incredulously* YOU read the LWB??? The staunch purveyor of the "burn the books" movement???? Wow... next thing you know, you'll be replacing recitations of "Fish Heads" with Abba's greatest hits... })

full deck

It's a nice deck

This is the only *odd* deck that I read with and it reads quite well for me.

The majors are quite lovely and, yes, I'd love to get the original 22 deck (larger) to read with. The concept is rather nice -- including the corresponding Marseilles-style card inside of the card (minors). The "Lover" is still my favorite departure from the traditional Marseilles style too.

Satori

Ah, the resurrection of an old thread.
I have the deck.
bought it during the 5 dollar sale. And so far I don't get it.

It infuriates me that I don't get it. but I don't.

I haven't read with it yet, because I'm a little afraid of it.

What can you tell me to convince me not to trade it. Because I'm thinking about it. I really am.