Decks you used to love...

jackdaw*

The Robin Wood Tarot. I used it regularly when I first got it, but haven't touched it in ages. But it's still the one I think of when visualizing many of the Courts (the Queen of Pentacles, the Pages) and many of the Minors (especially the Seven of Swords).

Citrin

Tarot of a Moon Garden

I still think it's beautiful and can give me great readings... But for some reason I just don't feel like using it anymore. I'm sure it will do a 'comeback' sooner or later though. :)

catlin

Do you also accept other divination decks?

Um, the only tarot deck I cannot read with anymore is the old selfmade one which I never took with me when I left home 16 (?) years ago. I cannot imagine why the heck I never took this deck with me so I did not break with this deck because I felt outgrown or whatever.

The decks I used to work a lot with were Lenormand and Kippercards 11 years ago but I haven't used them for ages. When I joined you in 2001 I felt that neither Lenormand nor Kipper could compeed with tarot. So this is why I don't use these cards anymore.

Jewel

For me there are two decks: The Robin Wood and Tarot of the Old Path. I still really like these decks, and will never part with them, but I just don't use them. Once my Cosmic Tribe arrived, and later my Fey Tarot all others have simply become beautiful treasures.

magpie9

I learned with the RWS (only available deck in those days) and when more decks came out in the '70's I had a many-years marriage with the Aquarian, a torrid long-time affair with the Morgan Greer and a deeply significant relationship over several years with the Hanson-Roberts. The Morgan's tarot became my private play-pal for a few years in there, too.

The Robin Wood took everything over for many years, I wore out several copies. It only shared the lime-light with the Mythic, which gave me an easy way to do depth readings. It taught me more, I think, than all the others. Went through a couple of those, too. The last great passion was with the Courtney Davis celtic deck, that I loved so much I learned to read pips for---no small thing.

I don't really read with any of those anymore. It's the oddest thing, I have all of them, but it's like they're historic relics, not meant for my use anymore. I can do it, but it feels stale.

Except the Mythic. I think it's time to re-up the Mythic, read the the companion book again, cleanse the cards, and see what's happening. I don't really have a "One True Deck" right now, but I use the Buckland Romani, the Druidcraft and the Revelations a great deal in reading for myself and others. I think the Mythic will join (re-join?) that group. I am defiantly open for another grand Passion :love:

earth mama

The Universal Waite. I used to absolutely adore it but haven't used it in ages.
I ended up giving it to my sister the other day she'll get more use out of it than i do. It was my first deck it seems fitting that it should be hers as well.

Rhiamon

I used to read with the Hanson-Roberts alot, but for some reason, I got all addicted to buying other decks and have kinda layed it on a shelf. Now I use the Universal Waite, and Gilded mostly (for now)

OakDragon

Hmm, this thread is interesting. Much to my amazement, I find that the Rohrig Tarot falls into this category for me. It was my first deck and once was my favorite. It's not so much that I've outgrown it or that I don't like it anymore, but that other, newer decks have eclipsed it as far as the level of current interest goes. I am sure I will return to it one day.

gollog

My first tarot love was the Russian of st petersburg. Used it exclusively but now I find my self hardly ever using it. It sort of stopped working for me. I do still like the colours on the pictures and the black background works really well,, but somehow I don't like the drawings themselves anymore. Nowadays I mostly use the RW.

Emeraldgirl

I learnt with the Mythic and for a long time it was my one and only deck. Then it got put away while I explored the word of other decks. And then I came across the Russian Tarot of St Peteresburg and I fell in love. I haven't used it in ages. It doesn't have the same appeal any more :(