What deck would you like to see be created?

HearthCricket

Everyone probably has an idea of what their perfect deck may consist of, so I was wondering, if you could have any deck of any kind come out, what would you wish for? I love all things Victorian, but I am particularly drawn to the artwork of the Pre-Raphaelites. I would absolutely love a deck, rich in colour, like the Gilded, but with famous works of the various Pre-Raphaelites used to illustrate the cards. I would want a regular size deck, though a larger deck would be very, very tempting. I would want some kind of art-deco or William Morris type of backing. Same for the borders-I love ornate borders on my decks, so long as they don't take over the illustrations. So something viney and fun. Maybe gold in colour. And a carved oak box to put them in! That would be tarot heaven for me! What about you?

Cerulean

1. Botticelli and Evelyn Paul illustrations & 2. Mitelli Bologna full tarot

1. Either Evelyn Paul majors and Botticelli minors or Botticelli majors and Evelyn Paul minors...that way I have Renaissance and Romanticism Pre-Raphaelites in one deck. The Lovers Tarot by Kris Waldherr comes close, but it's not devoted as I am to Dante's works. I want a silk-screened cloth and matching bag with zipper with gorgeous flowery matches to the box and back of the deck.

The cards on linen stock, engraved inks and reproduction has matte finish to enhance the beauty of delicate lines and true color.

The booklet would be a handsome parchment paper cover and about 100 pages--first on the New Life and the majors...and then it would talk about the artists and the minors in context with the artists works. Oh yes, it should be less than twenty-five dollars as well...if people want, there will be discounted works on Botticelli and Evelyn Paul that show all the original illustrations in context. The deck purchasers would have a coupon for all this as well!

A balsawood box to contain this that can be stored upright on a bookshelf--and self-contained lid. The size could be similar to the small paperback style of the De Vecchi editions, longer and more narrow than small standard size cards.

2. The other thing I was thinking was Giuseppe Maria Mitelli--the watercolored majors without titles, and the use of his proverb cards for the minors! But I am debating if I want double-ended courts, to pay tribute to the way the deck looks today and I want all 78 cards...if the player/tarotist wants, they can use the Bologna Tarot for gaming and also for divination.

I want everything known about Mitelli, the Bolognese tarocco, the game and Pratesi divination in also a handsome parchment-covered booklet...and they can be large cards, large booklet in English and Italian or whatever other language you want...of course there has to be a hand-tinted bookcase tied in ribbons, a zip thick linen/cotton bag, linen-weave spreadcloth with ornamentation....since the coloring is pseudo-aged, let it be delicate aqua tint on soft beige or parchment ivory...

That way the beautiful Bologna Tarots 'heritage' is also reflected in a modern deck...oh well...thanks for the dreaming cheer!

Cerulean

HudsonGray

Whoa! You've been thinking about that one, haven't you? LOL

But yes, we need some more Medieval looking decks. I'll still stand by my idea that an illuminated manuscript type deck would be a knockout.

HearthCricket

Oh, I love your ideas! Looks like historic decks with wonderful artwork are a wish on many people's lists! Linen stock cards. I could deal with that! And I thought I was thorough on my Pre-Raphaelite deck wish! I think the hardest thing would be deciding what to leave out of a Pre-Raphaelite deck. There are so many paintings that would be perfect for such a deck, with such detail and meaning.

DoctorArcanus

Sculpture decks

I would like a sculpture deck. It could be:

1) A set of 78 small sculptutres. Each could be put inside a plexiglass cube, so it is impossible to distinguish one from the other by touching them, and it is easier to draw them randomly for divination.
The Tower could be something like this work by Arman:
http://www.marrowmedia.co.uk/popprints/Auction/images/Arman_Eifel.jpg
but it should be more or less the size of a tarot card (and the deck will be large anyway!)

2) A garden with labyrinths, life-size sculptures and allegorical fountains. The sculptures are moved around every night. Everyday you visit the garden, you "read" the last three sculptures you find when walking around.

Marco

arcanalefait

I play around with these all the time:

Grateful Dead Tarot
Dragonlance Tarot
The Tarot of Narnia
Star Trek Tarot: The Next Generation
The Dark Tower Tarot (from the Stephen King series)

HearthCricket

Arcana-Are you looking forward to the new Narnia movie? I know I am! Perhaps that will inspire someone to take note and do a Narnia deck. I would also like to see a Dickens Deck. He had so many characters in his novels and short stories that I am sure someone could conjure up a nicely done deck. Fagin, possibly, for the devil; Oliver maybe for The Fool...or would that be Pip? Estella would go nicely for The Moon. Jaggers for Judgement? Or maybe one of the Ghosts in A Christmas Carol. Now...where to put Miss Haversham? There is Joe, Nancy, Little Nell, Bill Sikes..so many! Great...now I will be thinking about this all night and pulling out my Dickens collection!

Rusty Neon

(1) Modern redrawn decks (major and minor arcana) of the following Marseille patterns, without fanciful 'restored' details:

- Noblet (with historically accurate replacements for the missing cards)
- Dodal (with Dusserre repro's colours, originalized)
- Conver (with Conver repro's colours, originalized)

(2) Rider-Waite deck with my custom changes, e.g., replacing the pentacle symbols and titles with coins (deniers)

rota

um....

I want a Robot Tarot.

Emeraldgirl

I want a masters tarot all the cards are different works of art by masters over different timeframes

Like Titan's Bacchus and Ariadne for the Fool

High Priestess - Mona Lisa

Star - Starry night by Van Gough

The Devil - something by Goya

ah if only there was no copywrite laws