Anyone read Dusty White's Advanced Tarot Secrets?

esspeet

I like both of Dusty's books. As a newbie to Tarot it's helped me a lot. His podcasts are also very useful as well. Dusty is a generous guy.. I think people just need to get past his writing style if they find it abrasive and look at the meat of what he's trying to teach. It's really worth looking into at the least.

cjxtypes

Dusty added a video update or 2 on you tube just the other night 9/22 I immediately commented on you tube comment section to him that I was having problems getting into his forum in hopes that he'd see it. He did and I was able to get in right away. So he IS out there... under the radar perhaps... he said they were working on revamping the forum it seems.

Water Lady

you could easily adapt in the tarot games & fun on this site to help with practice. the 2-3 card.....games.

2 cards - one sentence, and so on

Poor Wandering One

Dusty added a video update or 2 on you tube just the other night 9/22 I immediately commented on you tube comment section to him that I was having problems getting into his forum in hopes that he'd see it. He did and I was able to get in right away. So he IS out there... under the radar perhaps... he said they were working on revamping the forum it seems.

It's good to see that he's still present. I still haven't received my confirmation email, but I tried logging into his site and it worked. Your contact with him may have reminded him that he had new members to approve. So, thanks for maybe being inadvertently the reason my ID for his site works now!

cjxtypes

Im glad to hear it. I didnt get a confirmation email either but rather instant access. :)

Theta Choir

I keep being tempted to get Dusty's books. I actually had both of them in my Amazon cart last week, but then took a closer look at my bank account, sighed, and closed out my browser window.

I'm at the phase in my tarot journey where I need something other than a basic "card meanings for the hundredth time" book. I know the individual meanings now (as much as one can say such a thing, given that we continue to learn and adapt our understanding of the cards over time). And I don't normally use spreads, so a spread book is -- for now -- not what I'm looking for. What I need is something to help me move to the next level, where I can combine cards together and get a cohesive message. I need to see "the big picture" rather than a bunch of individual cards.

I remember seeing a video of Dusty's where he taught an exercise called, I think, "Friends or Enemies?" where you laid out two random cards and compared them to determine if the meanings or energies of the cards paired well together (friends) or conflicted with each other (enemies) and I thought it was brilliant.

Hmm. Maybe I'll see if I can wring some extra cash out of my next paycheck. Ha. Like there's any such thing as "extra" cash.

Pam O

Tarotlova:
Thank you for replying :) Sounds interesting that you like both books! Do you think I could benefit even from the first one then? Like I said I am looking for intuitive exercises, but something I don't really appreciate is those that make you write a fictional story inspired by the cards, or tell you to write every symbol you see in a card... I'm more into how to get as much from a reading as possible, how to listen to that intuitive voice, seeing how the cards correlate and such... I'm so fond of this forum so I don't think I'm in need of the site he is marketing :) I'm sure AT:ers can get together and do the exercises maybe in the exchange or something?

I bought the "Advanced Secrets" book because I thought that the 1st book would be the same old stuff as all the other masses of books
...... BUT .....
"The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot Ever", is different than other books I've seen. I was not planning on buying any other "general" Tarot books. Then I kept reading feedback that Dusty's set was focused on lessons designed to develop intuition, not simply definitions...

Here is what Dusty says on p14, "These exercises will help you greatly strengthen your psychic muscles and enhance your perception abilities." The exercises "help you quickly and easily spot patterns". "Visual symbols provide an immediate stimulation of your subconscious mind..." For anyone curious, Dusty's exercises are designed to develop all levels of intuition. There are beginners, to advanced readers, that have been participating.

'The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever!!' by Dusty White - study group index
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=217470

'Advanced Tarot Secrets' by Dusty White study group index thread
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=222030

If you had to choose only one book on learning the tarot, what would it be?
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204318

ana luisa

I have ATS and REALLY like it. It was the first time I finally managed to get a grip of the CC which has been a thorn on my side for years. Dusty has VERY interesting techniques. BTW, for a while, the site for the ATS was not operational. Now, it's working fine, for those who have the book and want to surf it and learn more.
Funny, now, I will go "back "and buy The Easiest Way :D

3ill.yazi

He just posted a new podcast that indicates that the website is being revamped and will be up again soon.