why the pendulum lies?

Emily

All this chat about pendulums and yesterday I went to put something away in a cupboard and a small black bag fell out on me, when I looked the brass pendulum was in there. I wasn't looking for it but I decided to have another go with it.

I asked it a few yes no questions and have found that it gives 3 definite swings so far - I have a circular clockwise swing for yes, a diagonal left swing for no and an oval clockwise swing for maybe/don't know. I kept it lighthearted and didn't expect much but it got all the questions right. I think I might keep it out and practice with it, I don't think I will be asking it life-changing questions but it will be interesting to see how it responds to normal everyday questions. Maybe use a chart with it. :)

nisaba

I find that all of my pendulums reset themselves sometimes.

Every single time I use them, I therefore ask them to demonstrate a yes-swing and a no-swing before asking anything. The swings vary wildly: sometimes its a line and a circle, sometimes it's a vertical line and a horizontal line, sometimes it's a clockwise and an anticlockwise circle, and I'll never forget the day when yes was chaotic movement, and no was utter stillness.

Asbestos Mango

I had similar problems with my rose quartz pendulum when I first got it. Basically, it was telling me what I wanted to hear rather than what I needed to know. So, it sat as a decoration on a shelf for a couple of years.

When I started reading professionally, I decided to break it out and try working with it. I took the cheap chain off and put a nicer one on, with a pink glass bead at each end. I put it in the Day of the Dead sugar skull trinket box on my Kali altar and asked her to do her delusion destroying thing with it.

I held it in my hand while I was meditating. I put it under my pillow when I slept. Eventually it started giving me truthful answers, to the point that I felt comfortable "taking it to work".

Then, I was sick for a couple of weeks, didn't use or handle it during that time, and I guess lost my connection with it because it was being a bit wonky. So I tucked it into my bra while I was meditating. Then I went to take a bath, took off my bra... the pendulum fell out and the tip broke off.

I put it on my Ganesha altar, I figured it was appropriate what with Ganesha having a broken tusk, and if I feel a need to ask him questions, I can use it for that.

My black agate pendant that I wear pretty much 24/7 is very kindly filling in while I wait to get a new one. Or twenty. I found a seller on eBay that is selling five packs of "defective" crystal pendulums for between four and seven dollars each. I figure the spares will make handy emergency gifts.

But as far as pendulums lying, I think a newish one might well do that. I would say, you need to establish a connection with it. Put it on a long chain and wear it as a necklace, hold it in your hand while you meditate, sleep with it, just spend as much time in physical contact with it as you reasonably can and get your energy into it. I think this may be the reason rings and necklace pendants work so well, if it's a piece of jewelry you wear everyday, you have a strong connection with it.

Just don't tuck it into your bra and forget it's there.

ivanna

Thank you Abestos.

I wear it as a necklace allways, as I find it very nice.
I have tried several times with questions regarding to my family, and I got some answers, but it will take time to know if it was accurate or not.
I tried to make an exchange on the forum, with questions like if you are 34 or so, but I started to had problems with the pendulum, and it did not gave me any movement. Maybe it got angry because I was asking obvious things just to test? Well, I should get practice in any way, and I thought It was a good way to do it.
Obviously the pendulum did not think the same.

So, I will have to wait a bit to know it it gave me correct answers or just told me what I wanted to hear.

Calcifer

Basic pendulum theory works like this: You are already connected to every single thing in existence - and therefore already "know" everything - and I mean everything. However, your conscious mind acts as a filter to prevent overload; the pendulum is to bypass that blockage. In ALL cases, you really are the one moving the pendulum.

The trick here, since it is your own muscles moving it, you have to let your subconscious take over (not easy) - otherwise, you're getting a reflection of what you are thinking and/or hoping for. For me, the trick was to start only by addressing issues that I had no personal stake in - and I've had great results. I've found lost contact lenses, keys, leaks in underground water pipes, pets, hairline cracks in swimming pools, etc...but all for OTHER people.

Slowly, I began to work in my own questions - paying very close attention to what was on my mind at the time. Detachment is the key...

Michael

danieljuk

I love the idea from Wind about it only gives us serious honest answers when we ask serious questions and not "test" it. This would completely fit from my experiences! I asked a question about a very serious and formal situation in my life and it was completely accurate but then this winter I asked on the coldest days if it would snow or not? and it got the days it snowed completely wrong :D the snow questions was a bit of a test I admit ;)

Dancing Bear

I tried some questions like my name is ... and it answered "i don't know"
Why does it happen?
Yesterday I tried to program it. Its a hematite angel with a silver chain with enough lenght to get a good swing, but the asnwers it gives me are obviuosly wrong.
What I am doing wrong? Or is just that this pendulum doesn't work and I need a new one?

When you first start using your pendulum do you ask its permission first?
may I use you ? should be your first question..
Then establish the working order by asking is my name Doris? Or the effects like that.
Maybe use a pendulum chart to start with as well.

You can also make the pendulum work yourself, so there is an art to Not making the pendulum swing to the way you expect or think it will go. Your closeness along with your energy can control the pendulum quite easily. So you need also to practice on switching off and allowing the pendulum to do all the work.

A lot goes into using pendulums. and practising helps perfect the use and results.
When you first begin using pendulum try Not to ask life changing or serious questions to start,
Ask simple questions and even questions you know the answer to..
Play with it.. Find out how you can manipulate the pendulum..
Then practice to stop doing that.

If you are going to use a pendulum to seek serious answers I would recommend you get a pendulum that speaks to you.. Find one that you are drawn to or make your own..
If you were drawn to the one you are using.. then practice is all that is needed, not discarding and getting a new one.

May I use you? should always be the first thing you ask!

Good luck and I hope this helps get some good results.

Dancing Bear

Just read through again and was wondering what you meant by programming it.. then i caught on.
By asking it "may I use you? establishes already Yes.. Yes is up and down
Is my name doris establishes No.. Side to side.. done!!
Dont want to answer is round and round..
Also if you are thinking of a question it will also go round and round.

As Nisaba says you will find it reprograms itself..No need to keep asking it which way is yes or no..

I use pendulums all the time.. it is the extra or only tool i use.. with Tarot, Runes and Mediumship. My Pendulum goes everywhere with me.
I also at times use the pendulum for spirit communications on the odd occasion, but mainly with my guides.
I use a mixed rainbow quartz which I made into a pendulum myself .. and am now thinking of engraving runes onto it. As I am finding more and more these days I am not using runes for divination but for communications.

ivanna

Hello, and thanks for your answers.
I will start with the "may I use you"
It seems that for me the yes is going from right to left, and no is going up and down.

I will try also with a chart. Thank you.