Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Tanga

My last offering is the endlessly adorable La Corte dei Tarocchi. Despite its limited status, I decided to apply gold paint to those areas of the cards where the original artwork has gold. It took me weeks, doing just a card or two a day. They look absolutely fantastic.

WOW - AWESOME thorhammer!

I never thought about edging my trimmed Halloween before but it looks really awesome RiverRunsDeep. And the glitter, too, wow.

My Dark Angels were starting to have chipping edges so I took out my black marker..

Yeah - I did that to mine too - and the Dark Fairytale deck as well. Adds new life to them.

I decided to do an edge treatment on my 3rd edition Samhain Deck of
the Bastard ("The Red Deck"). I used Inka Gold metallic paint in "Lava
Red". I was afraid the metallic sheen would be too "blingy" for this deck,
but I love how it turned out! There is one "before" and two "after" pictures.

Ooh! I'm expecting this deck for Yule/Xmas. Good ideas...

I presently have one deck that I'd very much like to de-border, but just haven't the energy for this close intensive work anymore. Maybe next spring...(I did quite a few this summer).
Il Tarocco delle Ventrate:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vetrate/
As soon as I took it out of the pack, the 1st thing I thought was "those black borders have GOT to come off!" Lol. In the photo here, those black borders don't look so bad, but in real life they're kind of oppressive (to me).

The other deck which I might presently have given up on trimming is the Omegaland Tarot:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/omegaland/
which I'd like to trim because it's too wide for me to handle comfortably - but to trim, I'll have to make a trimming stencil as the borders are not clearly defined.

I attempted dying the edges of my Barbara G Walker deck red - but - the colour bled into the cards. Something to do with cardstock being absorbent, as I've not had that problem with any other decks I've so far edged. Luckily I started with a spare card for experimentation so it's not too horrifying. :)

aquestionmark

Edged Bonefire

The one with black edges is from a lovely trade in this forum.

The navy blue edged deck came a few weeks after the first from etsy, I couldn't resist a second copy and knew I wanted to try a dark blue color for their edges. I'm really enjoying how they turned out!

Attachments

• 20151012_153728.jpg
    20151012_153728.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 178

The Happy Squirrel

Wow. Nice. I am still too scared to colour edges like that.... I am so loving the black!!

RiverRunsDeep

Wow, I like both the black AND the blue edges on the Bonefire. Very nice! :thumbsup:

lark

I looked through the index but didn't see any edge treatment for the Anna K.
My deck is a first edition printing and it is all chipped along the edges.
The problem is the different suits have different colored thin edges around the pictures...
So I would just use black, but there might be bleed through on the colored part of the card.
Maybe I should do the edges in different colors to match the card fronts?

RiverRunsDeep

I looked through the index but didn't see any edge treatment for the Anna K.
My deck is a first edition printing and it is all chipped along the edges.
The problem is the different suits have different colored thin edges around the pictures...
So I would just use black, but there might be bleed through on the colored part of the card.
Maybe I should do the edges in different colors to match the card fronts?

Someone did a black edge treatment for their Anna K, with an Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. Some pics are here.

lark

Someone did a black edge treatment for their Anna K, with an Avery Marks-A-Lot marker. Some pics are here.

That's the same marker I have...ok...wish I could see pics of the front too...thanks for finding that!

Tigerangel

I finally got around to finishing my Deviant Moon, Crystal Visions, and dark tarot,

I can only load 5 files at one time, 1st pic is before pic, 2nd and 3rd is the deviant moon trimmed and edge coloured with a black W10 sharpie, pics 4th and 5th are Crystal Visions, trimmed and edge coloured with a silver metallic sharpie.

Will add the other pics for dark tarot in post below.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20151013_084818.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084818.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20151013_084734.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084734.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20151013_084932.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084932.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20151013_084858.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084858.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 145

Tigerangel

dark tarot

Used gold metallic sharpie and wrote card numbers and description on front of card as this deck is hard to recognise without the titles.

Pic 1, deck and three cards after black borders removed and edge coloured with gold metallic sharpie.

Pic 2, edge view

Pic 3 the sharpies I used, black w10, silver and gold sharpies.

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_084646.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084646.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20151013_084516.jpg
    IMG_20151013_084516.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 138

Hemera

Ooh, nice work Tigerangel. I love the look of that Crystal Visions especially because it´s a deck I own and I have been eyeing it with scissors in my hand for a long time. I have been so tempted to so something about it. The edges look fab,too.